The Afterlife: what is it? - Comments

  • Humans are too conceited to realize that there is no 'Afterlife', and the fact that, no, humans are [B]NOT SPECIAL[/B].

    If people would just come to realize that they are no better than, say, a fly we could live muc more happily.
    August 11th, 2009 at 05:05pm
  • Ok seriously nearly half of all new born HUMANS AND ANIMALS OF ALL KINDS are close to death when first born because of how weak they are. The fact that you got the whole preist thing to heal you is just lame because chances are you would've survived anyway. Heck even I was close to death when I was born, as were some of my friends. And believe me my parents definatley didn't call a religious man of any sort to help me out. My body grew stronger in my first few weeks and here I am too :D How nice for us :)
    August 10th, 2009 at 02:18pm
  • i believe somethings out there...look at all the other religions who have after lives and gods that means something but i don't zero in on one...i don't think it shoul;d matter what you believe you believe what you believe and no one can stop that.
    May 31st, 2009 at 01:45am
  • "It's illegal to sell something, namely the Word of God, all over the world if it weren't true like it's advertised to be."

    Phew! I was beginning to doubt it's accuracy for a moment there. I wonder why people are allowed to sell something that says the Bible isn't the word of God all over the world?
    Whatever.
    If it's in print, it must be true!
    January 27th, 2009 at 03:31am
  • y'know, i think it would be quite an adventure to die.
    January 26th, 2009 at 10:31pm
  • I think you’re totally right about almost everything you said in this piece. Other than when you said everyone is afraid of death. I'm really not afraid of death and I pride myself on that point. I might even look forward to it, not that I'm planning to kill myself, or wish it to happen anytime soon. But after I've lived my live out the way it was meant to be, when God is happy with my work on this earth and he sends me hopefully to heaven. That’s what I look forward to, having done my job successfully, hopefully having taught others my faith, and finally getting a reward that I feel I can and never will be deserving of, but a reward that I will love non the less

    My best friend is an Atheist, and the only reason I might be afraid to die is because I'm afraid I'll never see her again. Happy in our promise land as she should be and as I feel she deserves.

    I've always pondered the idea of becoming a priestess. The more I think about it the more I like the idea. It's nice to know there is another woman out there that might share the ambition. I know females teaching the word is highly looked down upon by some or rather most people, and I like knowing I'm not alone.

    Thanks for writting this.

    -Sam
    January 6th, 2009 at 05:09am
  • This may be totally irrelivant, but yeah, I thought I'd share my opinion too. :]
    So, yeah... I believe that after death in this body we go to another, which I've heard is something similar to buddhist beliefs... I don't know... but anyway, I believe that we're alive to experiance this life. It's kinda like levels, like we go through each and every single different body in the universe until everyone is done and has had their chances, you know? Because that's why I think we're here, to experiance these small things like touches and tastes and smells, or emotions. I think of life like a video game sometimes, with the whole levels thing and 'almightly plan'. :)
    I never used to be freaked about death until I wondered what would happen to my body, but that doesn't really matter, because my last one is probably out there somewhere, maybe on a different planet?! (That would be so awesome :D!)

    Meh, and heaven and hell are perfectly possible to be honest, or what I can assume. Because the probability of impossibility is impossible. Because by scientific law, this whole universe shouldn't even exsist. But it does, so really anything can exsist if it's in the right place... so maybe heaven and hell are real. But I'm not gunna stress over it, I'm going to find out either way really. (:
    December 27th, 2008 at 01:39am
  • sorry, didnt read it all, read too much today, from what i thought though, is that most people were in hell,more specificaly purgatory, suposedly being the first of... 7 sins, satans circle, purgatory... first of the 9 circles of hell, that was an inbetween, for those who live virtuously but not under god. not sure what i was going to say.... oh yeah, dont be afraid of death, be afraid of life, death is certain, life can bring anything, but it makes life exciting, love everything, and if you cant love death, learn to embrace it =D <3
    December 5th, 2008 at 07:55pm
  • I've never been afraid of death. I say let God do as he wishes. I will serve him and when I'm done, I will be rewarded by so. You have brought up a very interesting article. :)
    December 1st, 2008 at 08:02pm
  • I've always been the type of kid who likes to research different religions, see what is out there. For a while, I was drifting in the abstract of all sorts of beliefs. Its always interesting to hear what a Catholic has to say about their views on how we got there, but its like your not taking into consideration the feelings of other religions. All I see is "atheists" is that was every religion should be labeled because they don't believe in your God? Your entitled to your own beliefs, as I am to my own. I just wanted to ask the reason why you only referred to Atheism.
    December 1st, 2008 at 06:12am
  • Just because you were saved doesn't mean it's a miracle. Sure, God may have wanted you to live, but if your going to call it a miracle, that's a bit overselling it.
    December 1st, 2008 at 02:26am
  • You said it yourself, this is an opinion peice. Why don't you put your veiws on some of the forums? Rather than type up an article which is just begging for gazillions of comments disagreeing.
    You, of course, have the right to an opinion but I don't think you've grasped the concpet that other people have them too.
    Some of your points are flawed aswell.
    November 26th, 2008 at 10:43am
  • Where do you find your faith? 'deep in your heart'? It doesnt make sense to beleive in something just because they're is a chance it might be real. And the bible proves god? hardley, there are alot of things published that aren't true, from other religions to Harry Potter for damns sake.
    Lets say, EVEN IF god existed, how can you possibly understand what he has in mind or what he has in store for us?
    We've had this argument before, and you still havent told me. How do you understand the mind of your "GOD"
    November 24th, 2008 at 05:36am
  • When I was born, me and my mom almost died
    We were saved by modern medicine =D
    November 24th, 2008 at 04:33am
  • You people worship that book for all it's worth, even though it's made by imperfect humans. Jesus didn't make it, neither did God, if they were real, I mean. You need to research other religions.
    I'm a Buddhist now.
    November 23rd, 2008 at 05:25pm
  • Look, i know in my last comment i said i respected you, and thats true now, but i still believe, and this isn't me being needlessly cruel, that you need to somewhat broaden your horizons.

    Firstly, you said that it was illegal to publish something unless it's true, which therefor proves the bible. No offence here, but the church of scientology also is allowed to publish their books. The Koran is also allowed to be published, so are Buddhist teachings, and books that attempt to 'disprove' the existence of god or propose an alternative are all published... often all around the world.

    It's not that you shouldn't be able to believe what you want to beleive in life, just that i think you should actually have a look at what else there is to believe. Be a little open minded, and then make your judgments.

    Gabe
    November 23rd, 2008 at 09:43am
  • Okay, I wanna ask you, Why did the doctors afraid you weren't going to live? A "miracle" can easily be the effect of a misdiagnosis. For example, a patient was misdiagnosed, let's say, lung cancer. A hypochondriac effect comes in, and the brain creates the symptons to fit with the illness. After that, the patient is "miraculously cured" of his illness, and they then pass the event as a "miracle" because of all the advertising the Church has had them during submission.
    November 22nd, 2008 at 06:17pm
  • "The Bible is proof of that."

    Um, that's stupid. It's NOT.
    It's just a stupid book.
    Anyone could've written it. Any person off the streets. It doesn't make it true. Do you know how many times the Bible has been translated? In some cases, the languages are so different, there's not a sure way to know it's word for word. All the copies were once hand written. There's bound to be mistakes. In some cases, if you even leave just an accent off, the entire meaning of a word changes. So thosands of years ago, if someone wrote on little word wrong, it could change the entire meaning of a text. There's no telling what it did say, all we have is a translated, changed thing. So I really don't think the Bible can prove anything.
    Yeah, I know some people are raised to belive this. I was too, but I really don't have a religon anymore. Who knows what's going to happen in the afterlife. Why spend time worrying over it?
    November 22nd, 2008 at 12:03am
  • I was raised as a Catholic, but in actual fact, I have no faith. I do however, respect those who do have religion; in fact, I'm almost jealous-surely you must question your existence far less than I?? And also, you have an aim in life. A reason for living. I do envy that.
    However, in response to mel4u's comment: of course atheists think about that. I think that it's more likely to be Christians who don't think about it-you assume you'll go to heaven. Or hell. 'Nuff said. Atheists or more likely to debate whether there is, indeed an afterlife.
    And to not exist? Our mind is in our brain. Our brain cannot function without the rest of the components in your body. Admittedly, you can believe in a soul &c., but that's your opinion. How can we simply not exist?
    We didn't exist before we were conceived, did we? In my opinion, we simply die. As human beings we cease to function, and therefore our consciousness also no longer exists.
    November 21st, 2008 at 09:03pm
  • i'm catholic but believe some stuff and dont believe others.
    I believe death isnt the end, maybe a beginning.
    I think we go SOMEWHERE. and I believe some may even get lost on the way there. (ghosts)
    November 21st, 2008 at 06:21am