Pope Benedict Angers Homosexuals - Comments

  • I think I'm through being bisexual now. Think I'm gonna go full on lesbian. Destroying mankind sounds awfully fun. :)
    December 24th, 2008 at 08:10pm
  • v Watch the cussing in your comments. Mibba frowns on that.
    December 24th, 2008 at 07:27pm
  • This is absofuckinglutely ridiculous. People act like homosexuals are plotting to blow up the world or something. All they want is to love who they want. Honestly, how is homosexuality a threat to reproduction?! There are more heterosexual couples in the world than homosexual, and who's to say that homosexual couples don't adopt children or have them through surrogate mothers or artificial insemination? Newsflash, people: gays and lesbians are NOT out to get you, chill the fuck out.

    I go to a catholic school, and there are 5 theology teachers, 3 of which are women, and two of those women are lesbians. Bitch, please.

    And the catholic church is one to talk about being against homosexuality, what with their priests having taken a liking to running around fucking little boys.
    December 24th, 2008 at 07:21pm
  • Well this is surprising. The head of the CATHOLIC church denouncing homosexuality. That's pretty insane.

    *insert eyeroll here*

    Come on guys. This can't possibly come as a surprise to anyone. We all know how the Catholic church (as an institution) feels about homosexuality.
    December 24th, 2008 at 06:47pm
  • Some people should not have vocal chords.
    Especially if they're constantly surrounded by cameras.
    Jeez Louise
    December 24th, 2008 at 03:57pm
  • Oh for god's sake.

    How idiotic. The world is overflowing with kids.
    We don't need any more anyway.

    I can't believe that people sink so low as to say things like homosexuality is a [i]threat[/i]. :/
    December 24th, 2008 at 02:58pm
  • My Mother is a Catholic and she is tottally against homophobia, and that is how she brought us up. She has lots of gay and lesbien friends. On this one she's against the pope, and so are her friends.

    I myself don't believe in god or any of that jazz.

    The pope just has the same view of all older people, that is how they were brought up.
    December 24th, 2008 at 12:01pm
  • We don't need anymore children in this world! There are already a whole ton over-flowing in orphanages! People should choose to adopt, instead, if it's possible for them. I've heard it takes a lot, though, but I bet it's worth it.
    December 24th, 2008 at 05:15am
  • I'd like to hit the Pope I must say. Isn't he ment to accept everyone?

    I guess not.
    December 24th, 2008 at 04:10am
  • I don't believe people choose who they love. And, while I'm not a lesbian, I believe that homosexuality should be accepted worldwide. I chose to be straight the same day they chose to be gay- it happened by birth. There will always be straight people in the world to make babies, I'm sure. And, there will always be amazing homosexual parents to raise the children who are put up for adoption by their straight sperm and egg donors. And blurring gender lines, give me a break, please. Homosexuality IS NOT NEW! It's been around for centuries, and we're all still boys and girls. Please.
    December 24th, 2008 at 03:31am
  • I dont know why some of you are so surprised and awestruck by the Pope's opinion on this matter. The majority of the world follows a religion...and most of these religions dont exactly have positive things to say about homosexuality and the aforementioned. I must agree though, that some of his reasons are pretty foolish...
    December 24th, 2008 at 02:13am
  • Homosexuality will lead to extinction?!
    Dude, we have a bit of a population crisis, we could use a few more homos in the World.
    December 24th, 2008 at 02:06am
  • Ugh. Usually, I like being Catholic. This is definitely NOT one of those moments.

    What an over-reaction. That's just sort of an idiotic thing to think.
    Well done, Mr.Pope. >.<
    December 24th, 2008 at 02:01am
  • Knowing that he was part of the Hitler youth back in the day just goes to show that you can take the boy out of the evil but you can't take evil out of the boy.
    December 24th, 2008 at 01:38am
  • I had a good laugh at the "homosexuals will lead to the extinction of the human race" thing. Honestly, letting any couple that truly love each other get married, regardless of gender, won't cause the whole world to go gay. That's such a load of shit.
    December 24th, 2008 at 01:23am
  • He has a point about homsexuals leading to human extinction. If everyone in the world mated with people of the same sex, there would be no future generation, thus no more humans.
    I'm saying he's right about that; don't get me wrong; but people seem to be taking his words out of context.

    ----------

    Well, yes. If most of the world's population was homosexual ... but the fact that he is stating that homosexuality is as big of an issue now as global warming is a tad over dramatic. No matter how many homosexuals there are in the world, I'm sure there will be heterosexuals, too ... and also ... our world is already vastly overpopulated. We don't have a threat of mankind dying out anytime soon, so I have no idea what the hell he is talking about. X_x ...
    December 24th, 2008 at 01:20am
  • *headdesk*
    Oh God. Oh God. Oh God. Why did the Pope have to say that?
    You know what? Fuck it. This is stupid. He's crossed the line.
    I'm always proud to say that I'm a Roman Catholic but... what he said is just plain wrong.
    December 24th, 2008 at 01:18am
  • "Several Christian commentators have agreed with him, saying that homosexuality is a danger to reproduction and could lead to mankind becoming extinct."

    THE WORLD IS OVERPOPULATED. WTF. THEY NEED TO GO DIAF.
    December 24th, 2008 at 01:02am
  • Were the fuck did he pull that from?
    Very dim-witted indeed..
    December 24th, 2008 at 12:57am
  • Hmm somebody skiped productive thinking in high school.....

    Just because somebody is gay or lesbian (thats right Pope i wrote GAY now the internet will destruct) dosn't mean that they can't adopt or care for a child just as much as a straight couple could.

    Gay/ Lesbian people are HUMAN BEINGS and deserve just as much respect as any other person on Gods earth.

    If this man represents God for the people of planet earth then i don't have strong faith in the man upstairs.
    December 24th, 2008 at 12:45am