Pope Benedict Angers Homosexuals - Comments

  • This is stupid...
    Not EVERYONE is gay/lesbian.
    We're not going to go extinct because of the gay/lesbian community.
    December 24th, 2008 at 12:21am
  • That's the dumbest thing ever! What's up with homosexuality being ok, but homosexual [i]acts[/i] not being ok? That's like buying your kid a dog and not letting them play with it.
    There are what, 4...6 billion people on Earth? I highly doubt there are enough homosexuals to make the human race go extinct any time soon. Why can't the Christians go back to fighting abortion and leave homosexuality alone?!
    December 24th, 2008 at 12:15am
  • he's being just a tad overdramatic.
    i mean, you can't fault his logic though. homosexual + homosexual = no baby.
    he's just said it a few billion homosexuals too soon.
    December 24th, 2008 at 12:01am
  • why should we care about what an ex-nazi says? I'm against the Catholic Church
    anyway and i used to be a good catholic. but i believe in gay marriage and this is just stupid
    December 23rd, 2008 at 11:27pm
  • stupidest thing I've ever heard. The pope is crazy. actions=sins--- don't know what kind of world he lives in. ....
    December 23rd, 2008 at 11:12pm
  • The Pope is entitled to his opinions, I suppose.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 10:59pm
  • He seems to be talking like more than 75% of the world's population is homosexual. Even if it was, there's still other ways to reproduce, being at how far science has come.

    The planet is too over-populated as it is, so he really needs to get his facts straight.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 10:52pm
  • Does this not remind anybody of that south park episode where all the futuristic aliens were coming back in time and taking the jobs, so everyone got in a big naked pile and started having gay buttsex?
    December 23rd, 2008 at 10:30pm
  • What a Nazi.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 10:15pm
  • Homosexuality is as common as grass.
    I think the pope is gay and is just scared of coming out.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 10:08pm
  • [i]Several Christian commentators have agreed with him, saying that homosexuality is a danger to reproduction and could lead to mankind becoming extinct.[/i]

    Actually, someone should tell the Pope that heterosexuality has caused the human race to overpopulate. We have been growing expodentially for the past five hundred years or so with no sign of slowing down like other species, as we have found ways around lack of shelter, food, diseases, etc. It is heterosexuality that is fueling this.

    [i]On Monday, in an address to the Curia, Pope Benedict said that the ‘threat’ of homosexuality was as serious as the threat to the destruction of humanity as the threat of destroying the rainforest.[/i]

    Actually, [i]heterosexuality[/i] is probably going to destroy humanity due to increasing populations as we reach the earth's carrying capacity. Homosexuality will lessen that increasing population. Destroying it will be unlikely since heterosexuality will still exist, and day by day more little gagits to increase our lifespans are invented.

    So far, the Pope's views are quite contradictive; he is worried about global warming, but not the crushing effect that heterosexuality combined with medical and technological advances are having on the earth.

    [i]The Catholic Church teaches that homosexuality in itself is not a sin, but that homosexual acts are.[/i]

    If that's not hypocracy, I don't know what is. I'm not trying to insult the Pope or the Catholic Church here; I am merely curious as to what makes that statement logical.

    Over all, I think the Pope needs to take a biology class just to get caught up with what's actually going on in our world. His statements are based on ignorance of the earth's status. There's more to biology than global warming, you know?

    And to the author of the article- great job. The article was written wonderfully. I fully enjoyed it. :)
    December 23rd, 2008 at 10:01pm
  • He has a point about homsexuals leading to human extinction. If everyone in the world mated with people of the same sex, there would be no future generation, thus no more humans.
    I'm saying he's right about that; don't get me wrong; but people seem to be taking his words out of context.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 08:38pm
  • Oh fuck no. How dare they say that! DO they realize how many people are in China ALONE? They're having difficulty CONTROLLING their fucking population! We are a from becoming extinct, gay people aren't going to have a large effect on the population. Our new pope is a dumbfuck.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 08:12pm
  • Damn it...I thought this pope was going to be a little decent. I guess I was wrong.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 08:07pm
  • Not everyone in the whole freaking world is gay or lesbian...
    my god..
    seriously?
    Ugh.
    December 23rd, 2008 at 08:05pm
  • oh my freak. you'd think people are smarter. and i don't mean him. He said that because he knew he'd get a response. He said that thing about Islams because he knew they were going to prove him right. People cmon!
    December 23rd, 2008 at 07:49pm
  • I see why he thinks this, but still, I don't believe it.
    Do people out there really believe that there's going to be so many gay people that eventually, humans will be extinct?
    It's less than 10% now.
    And anyways, they can't help it (XD I'm not) if they're gay...what, does the pope really want them not to be who they are? I've heard a lot that homosexuality is temptation, but it's not. D:
    December 23rd, 2008 at 07:47pm
  • I am a christian.
    Does it make me a bad christian for thinking that this is absurd
    Because really i think this is plain messed up
    Parts of the world are OVER populated and he's worried about homosexuals leading up to extinction?
    Insanely crazy
    December 23rd, 2008 at 07:45pm
  • its people like him who make me dislike the genaric cristain , since he is the leader basicly and a bigot , they fear change soo they discriminate , ITS PEOPLE LIKE HIM WHO WILL END THE WORLD , DISCRIMINATION IS OUR DOWNFALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    December 23rd, 2008 at 07:26pm
  • thats totally absurd. some people are getting really out of line with their hate for homosexuals
    December 23rd, 2008 at 07:25pm