Scientists Pay Close Attention To Yellowstone Earthquakes - Comments

  • I didn't say that they didn't happen. I said they aren't much to worry about, sweetie.
    January 12th, 2009 at 03:54am
  • I agree with Zed and Sister Asleep! I'm an armagedon freak and if anyone would bother to turn on the History channel at anytime this week they would have realized just how close to it we are. Just today History channel talked of how a Supervolcano is one of probable reasons for human extision.

    And as DRAMMA.QUEEN said if these quakes happen all the time and you never feel them then how can you tell us they didn't happen?

    Even the bibble (I don't mean to point out to one religion) even talks of how there are 7 things that will happen before god returns to earth and takes the 'good' with him. It says that earthquakes will start happening alot more often and HELLO earthquakes!

    Still, most scientist have agreed on the fact that any natural force will wipe us out, we're more likely to kill ourselves first!

    Just something to look foward to...
    January 12th, 2009 at 12:47am
  • And Zed, sorry but its not even close to being overdue, darling. We still have a couple thousand years before it is even predicted to erupt again. Don't just start spouting off things about stuff you've only heard about. Especially when you don't know what your talking about.
    January 9th, 2009 at 03:27am
  • I live about half an hour from Yellowstone National Park. If Yellowstone did blow up, I'm pretty much first to go. But anyways, I wouldn't pay too much attention to this. I haven't heard anything about it, and my science teacher would definitely have told us if something was up. He's super obsessed with Yellowstone, I think he has his own seismograph. And honestly, I think its funny that people who have never even been there or doesn't even live close, or know anything about it is so concerned. I'm sorry but you wouldn't exactly know what is actually going on. Every couple of months there is some scientist going off about how Yellowstone is becoming active again. There are little earthquakes all the time. None of them are even big enough for us to feel them. And it is so monitered, scientists would DEFINITELY know if it was about to blow up. So seriously, don't get your panties in a twist. We're not gonna die tomorrow.
    January 9th, 2009 at 03:25am
  • geez, i knew there had to be something out there to ruin my good mood):
    If that volcano erupts, the human race is screwed. After destroying tons of surrending states, they'll probably be enough ash to block out the sun.
    This goes back the whole 'we're screwed' thing.
    oh well. If it happened to the dinos, it's gonne happen to us one of these days.
    so if the world is about to blow up, party at my place? (:
    January 7th, 2009 at 01:05am
  • i love how everyone's too busy reading about their lovely celebrity gossip to notice this.
    i knew there had to be something to just wreck my happy streak. D:!
    January 6th, 2009 at 05:36am
  • I remember seeing something about how the ash would reach the Atlantic states and the airports would be absolutely useless. Creepy!
    January 3rd, 2009 at 03:37pm
  • Unfortunately, that could mean the human race is screwed.

    At Yellowstone, there's a supervolcano. If it errupts, not only will it wipe out many of the states surrounding it, it will also send enough ash into the sky to blot out the sun. This would cause mass famine on a global scale.

    Yellowstone Park itself is actually a crater from the last time the supervolcano errupted there. And scientists think that one of the earlier erruptions might have been what wiped the dinosaurs out. As Zed said, it's overdue for erruption.

    Time to start praying then.
    January 1st, 2009 at 07:50pm
  • Well,shiiiiit
    January 1st, 2009 at 10:44am
  • Huh. Well, people have said repeatedly that Yellowstone is overdue for an eruption-it's had a kind of regular pattern of like, an eruption every 60,000 years or something (I honestly can't pretend to know the details XD) and it's overdue. And if it does blow, then there will be catastrophic repercussions for the entire world. Although mainly the US.
    December 31st, 2008 at 09:06pm