Organization Bans Emoticon from American Business World

Organization Bans Emoticon from American Business World Slang words have always existed. Obviously, we do not quite understand Shakespearean language, for the reason that it was slang of that day and age. For over thirty years now, an organization based out of Detroit, Michigan has been watching closely to make sure business is conducted without any poorly used slang, including simple words, phrases, and now, even an emoticon.

Certain phrases have been banned in the past, for the obvious reason that they simply do not make sense, or are being used improperly. That is what slang is, after all. In 1997, the phrase "get a life" was banned. Obviously, the person has a life if they are living and breathing in to hear the phrase be said.

This year, however, something groundbreaking happened. Many slang words and phrases were submitted to the organization, and several were chosen. However, this year, not only were words and phrases picked, but an emotion.

A commonly used emotion, a heart using a "<" and a "3" was banned from the business world. I am unsure how this would ever apply to business or ever be used, but it is in fact banned by the organization.

In other words, do not sign any legal documents with your name and a "<3".

Latest articles