Destroyed? - Comments

  • Uh, dude, I agree on some of the stuff you wrote - but most of it is just your opinion. I agree that humans have all but destroyed the planet - but that's impossible. What humans, we, have done and will do is part of human nature - it's what makes us humans. I know that almost all humans are greedy, ambitious, malevolent beasts that don't care about anything but themselves. What we have done was meant to have happened so that we could've learned from our mistakes and try to perfect our ideas and technology. It's called evolution and trial-and-error. We have just done the tip of the iceberg of what humans are capable of.

    Watch George Carlin on YouTube so that YOU can learn something.
    January 27th, 2009 at 04:05am
  • first thing is you need to work on your grammer, second thing is you said we are the most numerous dominant species on the plaent, how about only dominant speicies?
    Second thing is that humans are not causing global warming. One volcanic eruption causes more polution in the atmostphere then all the cars in a city over a three year span.
    Third thing is we did not hunt the mamoths to extintion, they died because they could not adapt to a warmer planet.
    Fourth thing is that we are not coming to our doom or however you would like to put it, the same problems have occured seince anceint times, now it is just on a bigger scale, but we alse have good things like medicine and police and tecnology on a bigger scale too.
    January 22nd, 2009 at 11:41pm
  • This article may not of been truly researched or had its grammar etc checked, and perhaps should of been a journal entry rather than an article, but these are pressing issues and its good to know that the public do realise the problems of this world. I suppose, now that we see the destruction, the next step is to work on ways to slow it :)
    January 21st, 2009 at 10:58am
  • Your planet? >>
    January 21st, 2009 at 02:42am
  • Do you think that attitude will help the situation?
    January 21st, 2009 at 02:26am
  • This was very poorly written. There were numerous spelling, punctuation and capitalization errors throughout. Also, you jumped into the article without a good thesis statement and there was no defining conclusion to tie in your article. Furthermore, you provided nothing to corroborate your statements and your informal language (ie, "crap") makes it hard to take you seriously.

    Extinciton is just part of the way life works. Over 99% of all life that has been on earth has become extinct. It's called survival of the fittest.
    January 21st, 2009 at 12:11am
  • yeah, I would've rather humans didn't hunt at all during the last ice age so that we were one of the species of "beautiful" creatures gone extinct too.
    Wow
    have you ever heard of the survival of the fittest?

    I'm not trying to justify the unnecessary damage humans have made to this plan, but I think that to say that we're some sort of destructive pest for this planet is much too harsh.

    on the bright side, if it weren't for those horrible cement cities -that make you sick- wouldn't have existed, you wouldn't have a computer and internet access today.
    :]
    January 20th, 2009 at 06:41pm