Man Throws Daughter Off Bridge

Man Throws Daughter Off Bridge An Australian male, Arthur Freeman, has been charged with the murder of his own daughter, after he threw her from a bridge.

The 36-year-old was driving in the morning traffic, when he grabbed his daughter and dropped her 190 feet into the Yarra River from the eight lane motorway they were driving along.

Witnesses called the police, and the girl was rescued ten minutes later with multiple internal injuries. Paramedics spent 45 minutes trying to resuscitate her on the riverbank. She was then flown to Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital by helicopter, but died just hours later.

Freeman was with his two sons, aged six and eight, outside a family court when he was arrested. He was described as being 'visibly distressed'. It is also a possibility that his sons were in the car when their sister was killed.

Police charged him with murder but said that he was 'psychologically unfit to appear in court'.

It was also announced by court officials that Freeman was involved in a custody battle for his three children, and had appeared in the family court just days earlier.

He is being held in custody whilst the investigation continues. If convicted, he can get a maximum life sentence.

Latest articles