Toddler Dies In Washing Machine.

Toddler Dies In Washing Machine. Monday afternoon, 4 year old Kayley Ishii from South Carolina stepped into the front-loading washing machine.

Her 15 month year old brother accidently bumped or pushed the button, starting the machine.

Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino said that the machine’s controls were merely 50cm of the ground, the start button being a simple push button.

Kayley had been in the water-filled washing machine for at least 2 minutes before her mother had found her.

Kayley had then later died in the hospital.

An autopsy found that Kayley had died of a blunt force trauma and the death being ruled as accidental.

This has not been the first death caused by a washing machine.

The mother of a 5 year old had sued the makers of a coin-operated machine after the 5 year old had become trapped in the unit in 2005, the machine starting without any coins.

Rebecca Hope Wagoner's mother had to use a rock to break open the window to pull her daughter out, suffering ”extensive cuts ... (and) the horror of watching her young daughter die a violent death right before her eyes."

A British man had been jailed just 16 weeks earlier this year after killing his dog by putting her into a washing machine “to teach it a lesson” after she made a mess in his house.

Latest articles