Dream Wedding at Nine Years Old

Dream Wedding at Nine Years Old For most girls, the idea of a perfect wedding begins when they’re young. They want the perfect groom, the perfect cake, the perfect everything. And many of them will get to carry that dream out when they’re much older. Not Jayla Cooper. Jayla lived that dream when she was a mere nine years old.

There’s a good chance Jayla’s life will end in just a few weeks. She’s been battling leukemia for the last two years, and is already on morphine. As one of her last wishes, she chose to get married to her best friend Jose Griggs, who’s also a cancer patient. Of course, they’re not legally married, and the vows stated that they would be ‘friends forever and ever.’

Jayla picked out everything for the wedding, from the food to the colors. She wore a tiara and a white dress with a red sash, the groom looked stunning in a black tuxedo. The hard part? In order to ensure Jayla would be alive for the wedding, they planned it in about a week.

“He is very cute and I love him”, Jayla sheepishly said of Jose.

Jose understands what’s happening to his best friend. His parents carefully explained to him that Jayla will soon be going to a better place. Since the wedding, his parents say he’s been ‘happier, brighter and more content,’ then he’s ever been in his many stays at the hospital. Jose’s parents also said that Jayla has helped Jose deal with his own illness.

Jayla and Jose met at the hospital they were both being treated at and instantly hit it off.

The wedding was not only to fulfill Jayla’s last wish, but also was to celebrate life and friendship.

Latest articles