Welcoming A Child Molester To The Family

Welcoming A Child Molester To The Family A good hearted family from Cardiff, Wales, adopted a homeless teenager to be guidance, a ‘big brother’ to their children. Instead of teaching the kids something about life, the 19 year old raped their 2 year old son and molested their 9 year old daughter. The attacks were discovered when their daughter confided in her parents telling them what was happening. The girl told a terrifying story - he would come into her room, lie on top of her, kiss her and put his hands under her clothes.

“She said that when she called out, he put his hand over her mouth. The girl confided in her parents after her little brother was raped by the teenager. It was a horrific abuse”, prosecutor Richard Evans said.

A Welsh social service that took care of the adoption missed that detail; neglected his history of sexual assaults. Now, when the tragedy happened, the most important thing that the social service had elided came to surface in court. In 2008, the minor was charged with sexual harassment of a 16 year old girl who was asleep, reports Daily Mail.

Also, he was accused of molesting a boy in 2005 while he lived at a hostel. The list of his sexual attacks goes on. 5 years ago he was faced with charges of sexually inappropriate behavior with a young boy.

The 19 year old admitted rape and sexual attack. He will serve at least 6 year and be released when he’s “no longer a risk”. He had to register as a sex offender and he was banned from working with kids for his whole life.

The Labour MP for Vale of Glamorgan, John Smith stated: "I'm deeply concerned about this. I will be making representations to the Social Services Inspectorate asking them to look into this as a matter of urgency to make sure this never happens again”.

Latest articles