The Duff Couple Euthanized At The Swiss Suicide Clinic

The Duff Couple Euthanized At The Swiss Suicide Clinic Terminally ill British couple, millionaire Peter Duff, 80, and his wife Penelope, 70 committed suicide at the Swiss suicide clinic. Peter and Penelope were both suffering from cancer and have become the first British couple to die at the controversial Dignitas centre.

Their decision was their secret. They told their friends they were moving out to spend the rest of their lives in their second home in Dorset.

"They have lived in Bath for many years but recently told us that they were moving to a property in Dorset”, said David Keeling, one of their neighbours.

"But they certainly didn't tell anyone here that they were going to Switzerland and that has come as a complete shock”, he continued.

Intead of going to Dorset, they travelled to the clinic in Zurich where they were euthanized a week ago.

Their daughter Helena, one of their two children announced the news yesterday:

'Peter and Penny Duff passed away peacefully together in Zurich
after a long battle against their terminal cancer”
.

"Their decision in no way reflected on the wonderful and humbling care they have received from their consultant, doctors and nurses, for which the family and they were so appreciative”.

With her husband’s help, Miss Duff was batting cancer for more than a decade. Things got worse when Peter was diagnosed with colon cancer.

They decided to end their lives in a way that raises debating. The police couldn’t confirm if their deaths were being investigated.

Latest articles