How Can the Lyrics Be Blamed? - Comments

  • music is pretty much the only things that gets through our skulls these days.
    if a song says its cool to go out and smoke some buddha and gang rape a girl, then kids get the notion that it IS cool.

    lyrics are influential, in good ways and bad and that's the way it always has been.
    March 8th, 2009 at 05:11pm
  • I agree 100%. My Chemical Romance was blamed for some british girls death named Hannah.

    They said that their a deathcult and shit. She started listening 2 weeks beforfe she killed herself but really

    Its her parents fault. They should have been paying attention like many other parents in the world

    Music has nothing to do with anything
    March 8th, 2009 at 04:12pm
  • You are so effin' right.

    I mean, wasn't Marilyn Manson blamed for some school shooting? Because the boys who comitted the crime had been listening to Manson?
    It just makes me laugh.

    Sure, music somehow manages to control my emotions. They make me feel happiness and sadness, anger and relief.

    Sure, music makes you feel angry and want to bash someone's face in, but... there must be something else behind it.

    GAH.

    Bottom line; music is good or bad, but it doesn't make you do things like that. It's the person itself that chooses to go on doing stupid stuff, no matter what music they listen to.
    March 8th, 2009 at 04:06pm
  • People are overly cautious these days and think that others are weak minded when in actuality if someone does something stupid cause a song told them to it's not the creators of the song's fault. it's that person who commited the crime. if they are that mentally unstable and can not be held responsible for their own actions the artist shouldn't have to suffer. of course anything with "questionable" lyrics or music is always always always going to be shot down by someone especially to the older adults. I for one can speak how lyrics have suspended me from school because they thought at first that it was my creation. then finding out it was a song, they wanted me to go to a mental health clinic because i can't possibly function while listening to something angry and violent.

    But as long as people in the music industry keep testing the boundries, there will be people there trying to disuade you from listening to them.


    ^ but that's just what i think.
    March 8th, 2009 at 03:20pm
  • I understand that music can't control people and force them into doing things but if a song, for example, is about marijuana, some idiots may believe it's cool to go and do it because the band is singing about it. It's stupid, but it happens. Lyrics are motivational.
    March 8th, 2009 at 03:19pm