Pink Dolphin Surfaced

Pink Dolphin Surfaced Yesterday was a special day for a charter boat captain Erik Rue. He photographed, as he said, a pink dolphin. The mammal first surfaced in Lake Calcasieu, north of the Gulf of Mexico. Eversince, he began studying it. He came to a conclusion that the mammal is actually an albino.

The dolphin has reddish eyes which indicates its albinism, and was accompanied with 4 other dolphins. As captain Rue said, its skin looked smooth and without flaws. The only difference was its color.

"It was absolutely stunningly pink.

"I had never seen anything like it. It's the same color throughout the whole body and it looks like it just came out of a paint booth.”

Unlike the captain, who’s been studying the dolphin for years and had many close encounters with the mammal, Regina Asmutis-Silvia, senior biologist with the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society, ”has never seen a dolphin coloured in this way in all her career”.

"It is a truly beautiful dolphin but people should be careful, as with any dolphins, to respect it - observe from a distance, limit their time watching, don't chase or harass it.

Dolphins similar to this one live in South America in the Amazon and are a close relation of the dolphin. They’re simply called - pink dolphins.

Latest articles