Man, 51, Commits Murder-Suicide in Mays Landing

Man, 51, Commits Murder-Suicide in Mays Landing A shot rang through the streets of Hamilton Township Thursday morning, March 12, 2009. The shot belonged to a semi-automatic handgun fired by Ron DeClemente, the victim's soon-to-be-divorced husband. He had sent a threatening note saying that he was going to kill her, but she paid no heed to it. At 10 a.m., Ron walked into the All Paws vet clinic where Patrice DeClemente, the victim, worked and shot her point-blank in the head, then killed himself with the same gun.

The other emplyees reacted accordingly, following the emergency instructions. Ted Housel, the Atlantic City Prosecutor, said, "“They did the right thing and exited out the rear of the building, calling 911.”

Another employee, unnamed, ran to the CVS across the street with her hands covered in blood and told the employees there of the situation, asking them to please call 911.

The police arrived at the scene and an officer drove Patrice's two youngest children, Jeena DeClemente, a middle-schooler, and Jordan, a high-schooler, home in an unmarked police car. Jeena is currently being taken care of by her biological father. Nothing has been reported on Jordan, but it is assumed that he is also being taken care of by Jeena's father.

The Atlantic County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Nancy Beall, was one of Patrice's very good friends. She shared her last experience with Patrice.

Patrice said, "Come at 11:45, that’s our quiet time”, Beall told The Press of Atlantic City. I said, "Good, we’ll have lunch together". She laughed and said, "Yeah, we’ll have lunch.’”

But as Beall headed to the clinic, a Press of Atlantic City reporter called, telling her there had been a shooting. She arrived to find it was Patrice.

“She’s one of the best people I met in my life”, Beall said as she sat in her van outside the Clementes’ Egg Harbor Township home in The Shires development, where she had stopped by to check on the many pets Patrice Clemente owned.

The last time Beall saw Clemente was when she came to pick up the rescued Chihuahua from surgery.

“Patrice was walking around holding her”, Beall said. “She loved animals.”

Patrice was an active member of her 4-H group and had several pets, including a dachshund named Montana. She was always cheerful and loved to have fun.

Latest articles