Teenager's Monstrous Death Copied From Movie

Teenager's Monstrous Death Copied From Movie Death of 17 year old Simon Everrit was cruel and terrifying. A group of jealous love rivals tied him to a tree, poured petrol down his throat then set him on fire. The monstrous act they did, they saw in the British horror movie, Severance.

He was beginning a relationship with 2 years older Fiona Statham, while she was already involved with two other guys - Jimi-Lee Stewart, 25, and Jonathan Clarke, 19. The two attacked Simon, drove him to a wooded area near Great Yarmouth in Norfolk, tied to a tree and light up.

The younger torturer, as court said, came back later, dug a hole and put Simon’s body in it. His remains were discovered three weeks later since Jimi-Lee Stewart’s dirty conscience couldn’t have let him sleep peacefully. He told the story to his mother and she didn’t wait long to report him.

Prosecuting, Karim Khalil stated that Jonathan Clarke had watched the movie with his friend, admiring it. In the movie, a group of people arrives to Hungary on a teambuilding exercise. Instead of bonding, they’re attacked and killed by masked soldiers. In the movie, a woman dies the same way Simon did.

"Wouldn't it be wicked if you could do that to someone in real life?'', were Clarke’s words while watching the movie, said Karim Khalil.

The court heard that Clarke was very angry because Fiona left him for Simon. Out of angriness he kept telling that he would kill him.

Both of them, Stewart and Clarke deny murder, along with Maria Chandler, who had a driver’s role in this case.

Latest articles