Offend Someone Online, Go to Prison?

Offend Someone Online - Go To Prison? In the world of the Internet, you can do everything from chat via webcam, check out photos, download music, share your thoughts through a blog, and lurk various social networking websites such as Facebook, MySpace, and of course, Mibba.

But with all these social networking sites, there is bound to be trouble. Teenagers and even adults can use these to express anything they want to with a few clicks of their mouse and a little bit of typing on the keyboard.

But now there is a catch; insult someone over the internet - get sent to prison.

"Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, harass, or cause substantial emotional distress to a person, using electronic means to support severe, repeated, and hostile behavior, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

You've heard it in the news, kids committing suicide due to cyberbulling on Facebook and blogging sites. If this bill is completely passed, you could be sentenced to prison for simply insulting someone over the internet.

May want to watch what you say.

For more information on this bill click on the following link: Offend someone online go to..

Latest articles