Rare White Tiger Mauls Zookeeper - Comments

  • And that's why we don't lock animals in cages.
    August 12th, 2009 at 06:04am
  • Why didn't they just tie the tiger up before the cleaner went in and cleaned?
    At least then - the tiger wouldn't attack you because it's TIED up >_>

    .. & they shouldn't put the RARE tiger to sleep as well D:
    June 28th, 2009 at 11:53am
  • It's their own fault that he got killed! If they hadn't put a wild animal like that in captivity there wouldn't have been a problem! How can someone kill such a beautiful creature just because it was being itself? It's their fault they took such a fucking risk to put a creature like that in a zoo so it can just be looked at when it should be in the wild! And they better not say shit about how it had too much human contact to put back in the wild, because obviously it didn't!
    June 4th, 2009 at 04:46am
  • sick that they put that rare animal to sleep.

    it's their fucking instinct to kill!!!! it's obvious that there is a risk in looking after these animals, and the guy should've been more careful, to be honest.

    that animal shouldn't have been punished because some dumbasses are keeping it cooped up in some zoo. idiots.
    June 1st, 2009 at 03:03pm
  • This is why such animals shouldn't even be in captivity, especially if the guy was such a dumbass!
    May 31st, 2009 at 12:36am
  • [i]The tiger in question was later put to sleep by wildlife park staff.[/i]

    What?! It's a fucking [b]rare[/b] animal, and they put it to sleep because it killed some dumbass? That's fair.
    May 30th, 2009 at 08:12pm
  • I feel bad for the tiger more than the man.
    May 30th, 2009 at 07:27pm
  • This whole story outrages me.

    I live in this country, infact I live less than 2 hours away from this park.
    That keeper NEVER would have been killed if the REAL owner of the park was present and working at the time. If ALL the safety measures had been followed, none of this would have happened.

    Yes, the Tiger in question HAD bitten and mauled before, but honestly, Of course a tiger is going to maul you if you go into it's territory.

    Here are the facts:
    In a press realease yesterday, The Lion Man (Officail owner of the Tigers &Park, but lost his jobs because he owed money to his mum, she got shares in the company and fired him because he couldt afford to pay her back), Said that under the safety rules the park had before, NO ONE was to enter to lion's cage unless he was with them, and since his mother had barred him from the property many times, nobody should have been in there with the tigers at all. The animal was not 'put down', they shot at him, twice before he died. The gun was a whole minutes walk away from the accidet, when before whilst the lion man was working there, the gun was ALWAYS in arms reach. The lion man raised these tigers from babies, he was the only person capable of being in there with them, of course they're going to attack anybody who goes in there, that isnt their owner, their father or their friend.

    They should have known better. They didnt follow the precautions nessesary, and I hope the lion man takes them to court like he said he wants to, and get's those cats out of there, those arent good living conditions for them now, and it's sick the sort of stuff that's happening there. It's sad a keeper died, but honestly, it was coming to them. And why the hell we're they cleaning a cage with the tigers still in it, a well known to be dangerous tiger at that, and with tourists watching!? Children!?

    In my opinion, oth the tiger and the man would still be alive today if the lion man was still owrking at that park. & More people and animals are just going to keep getting killed until he's back in there. I think this really does highlight how much people take for grated to bond between man and animal, and I think, truely, that he needs to get his tigers out of there, and pay his mum back so this nonsense will stop.


    ( all info from TV ONE news,)
    May 29th, 2009 at 05:01pm
  • Who the heck just goes and put's their hand in a [i]lion's cage[/i]?!
    I don't think the animal should have been put down though. It just did what it's instincts told it to, because they were born designed to hunt and kill prey.
    May 29th, 2009 at 02:59pm
  • They shouldn't have put it to sleep.
    I agree with Perfectly Imperfect.
    He saw food, he went in for the kill.
    Maybe you should feed the animals every time you go in their cages so they don't attack you.
    And so they get fat.
    :tehe:
    May 28th, 2009 at 05:39am
  • It shouldn't have been put to sleep. Poor animal.
    May 28th, 2009 at 04:16am
  • That girl was SO stupid! I mean who would put there hand in a LIONS cage?!?!?!?!?
    May 28th, 2009 at 02:07am
  • I can't say I don't blame the girl who stuck her hand into the cage - the tigers may be used to the keepers, but they're hardly tame as house cats. Some people go beyond stupidity.

    But it was the same tiger that mauled both keepers, so it stands to reason that it would have to be put down.
    May 28th, 2009 at 12:41am
  • Well what do you expect?

    They're designed to hunt and kill for food.

    His instincts were triggered and he took the man down. I don't know about you, but I don't want anyone trying to take my food away.

    The tiger should have never been put to sleep
    May 28th, 2009 at 12:15am
  • Why would someone put their hands in a tiger cage?

    The poor keeper, and what a loss of a beautiful animal too.
    May 28th, 2009 at 12:11am
  • The animal will be put down then.
    That was awful, and even though the animal is beautiful, we don't want it to be a risk to others.
    May 27th, 2009 at 09:59pm
  • Lisa Baxter is an idiot !!! who puts their hand into a lions cage
    May 27th, 2009 at 09:22pm