Parents Agree To Chemo For Boy Who Ran Away - Comments

  • icet94

    icet94 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Honestly, I don't think that's fair. If the boy doesn't want to do chemo, he shouldn't have to. Just as long as he knows that if he doesn't, he'll most likely die.

    Chemo's not fun. Your hair falls out, and you just become a skeleton with just skin hanging off of your body. Besides, chemo isn't even a "cure" for cancer. When you take chemo, it's basically killing whatever dies first: you or the cancer. My dad told me that after he had beat cancer, that that's what the doctor told him when he had to take chemo.
    September 24th, 2009 at 01:07am
  • Smooth Criminal

    Smooth Criminal (400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    It wasn't my opinion. It was one of the involved people's opinions. V
    June 29th, 2009 at 08:50pm
  • Are You Pondering...

    Are You Pondering... (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    this is a nicely written article, but the piece of opinion in the middle wasn't necessary for what appeared to be an attempt at a strictly news article. - Pinky
    June 21st, 2009 at 05:13am
  • DefinitionOf Insanty

    DefinitionOf Insanty (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This is BS if the kid dosen't want chemo than he shouldn't have to get it! It's not anyone else's choice wether someone wants to live or not and if the shome doesn't work the kid will have only gone through the whole ordeal in vain after both he and his legal guardian (mother) refused the treatment. The only reason why this is being enforced is that the hospital could get more money! Did you know hospital charge you $5 for a band-aid?
    June 6th, 2009 at 11:52pm
  • Your.Pink.Diary

    Your.Pink.Diary (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Australia
    Wow. personally I don't think anyone should be forcing the boy through chemo if that's not what he wants.

    I find it odd that the mother didn't trust chemotherapy yet trusted using household chemicals she probably doesn't know much about... that's really wrong.
    June 4th, 2009 at 10:04am
  • lottie2427

    lottie2427 (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    He's probably just scared and his parents aren't helping by telling him that they aren't confident in it.
    June 1st, 2009 at 12:02pm
  • Maple_Sama

    Maple_Sama (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I think that totally sucks! If he doesn't want it then let him die! If an idiot kid like him doesn't want to save himself then it's his fault. I don't think they should force it...kids should have just as much power over their own bodies as adults do! And disagreeing with medical decisions against the law? Hospitles have been wrong before!
    June 1st, 2009 at 03:11am
  • Deny Everything

    Deny Everything (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Switzerland
    Of course they can force him. Minors don't have rights when it comes to medical matters.
    May 29th, 2009 at 06:34pm
  • KittyGrimm

    KittyGrimm (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Ireland
    But if the boy refused to do the chemo then noone can force him. I'm pretty sure that if he didnt want to then they cant make him. I read something similar bout a girl not wanting a surgury and they couldnt force her to have it.
    May 29th, 2009 at 06:41am