Since When Do iPod's And Holding Hands Save Lives?

Since When Do iPod's And Holding Hands Save Lives? In Britain, while Sophie Frost and her boyfriend Mason Billington stood under a tree to shelter themselves from the downpour that began on their way home, lightening struck knocking them both unconscious while their hands still remained laced together.

After being struck by lightning, her boyfriend Mason became conscious enough to carry his still unconscious girlfriend to the road where he managed to flag down a female biker who took the two to the Southend Hospital.

The doctors believe that Sophie only survived the 300,000-volt lightening strike that surged through her body only because it traveled through her music device known as the iPod.

They believe that because her iPods headphones were hanging from her clothes, away from her body, it took some of the electricity away from getting at her vital organs. Doctors also give credit to her boyfriend who was holding her hand, that also took some of the power of the lightening away from Sophie.

Dr. Ian Cotton said, “If lightening hits a person it can do one of two things. It can go down the outside of the skin, which is more likely if someone is caught in a storm and their body is wet. Or it can puncture the skin and go into the body. Potentially a metal wire, which is highly conductive could divert the electricity away from the heart and save someone’s life”.

She was reunited with her family and boyfriend after being transferred to the Broomfield Hospital for burn victims and the doctors say that she may not suffer a permanent scar.

Latest articles