Christian Convert is Threatened By Her Muslim Parents - Comments

  • Anyone who doubts the prevalence of honour killings should really do some research. There are countless books written by girls who knew victims of honour killings, and narrowly avoided it themselves. I've read quite a few of these books, and a common thing in all of them is that the families are really good at hiding what's going on, whether it's passed off as a tragic accident or it's just never discovered by the police. So you should all think twice before you accuse her of lying and just being an attention seeker.
    August 27th, 2009 at 12:21am
  • I'm a muslim and it is against our religion to convert to a different religion. But I have honeslty never heard of Honor Killing. Personaly I think her parents might be extrimeist to a cirten extect. But it is agaisnt our religion to convert and what my parents toldme that you will go to hell for it.
    But I belive she is an attention seeker.
    August 26th, 2009 at 10:04pm
  • I think that it's a bit strong to call her an attention seeking whore but if she really didn't want her parents to find out, why put it on her Facebook? From what I've heard, her parents are more relaxed than mine-if I suddenly expressed the desire to be a cheerleader, there's no way in hell my parents would let me. Not that I want to...
    August 26th, 2009 at 08:53pm
  • Just an attention seeking w**re.

    @ missand
    how do you know islam is like that? Please dont point out fingers at a relegion just coz of some whinny sick girl's i-am-in-trouble drama, it is not correct.
    August 26th, 2009 at 08:36pm
  • I think she's a bit more scared then she needs to be. She's protected now, and separated from her family. Even if they could somehow 'find a way to kill her' they'd have to hire a good enough sniper or hit man. As long as she is in a public place, accompanied by people she can trust, she will be fine. And even if she would get killed, it would definitely look bad on her parents if they denied the claims of honor killing--but all of a sudden their daughter is murdered.
    And another thing. I think this is a way of getting a rise or some sort of controversy. Who the hell flaunts their secret around? Even if their family doesn't use facebook, the internet is for the world to see. 'Look at me, I'm Christian. I'm trying to hide it from my parents though.' Very convincing. She screwed up, and she's going to have to be strong and fight to make up for it. Maybe she's a liar. Maybe she already knows for sure what she wants to be and isn't confused about anything. Just hope she doesn't get killed. Just hope she's possibly lying.
    August 26th, 2009 at 06:23pm
  • It's also important to note that the other alternative would be to take her to Sri Lanka to an asylum.
    August 26th, 2009 at 05:47pm
  • That's not really an 'honor killing' as honor killings are supposedly done to preserve honor (like when girls get pregnant out of wedlock and such).
    She's a [i]murtadda[/i] (fthe eminine version of the word), which is basically when a Muslim converts to a religion other than Islam, and they do have to be killed or convinced otherwise. (I personally think that's old fashioned :roll:)

    Even so, to be honest, imo, I say let her be what she wants to be. But she's still young, she could have been easily dragged into converting.
    August 26th, 2009 at 05:07pm
  • This is very sad, but in all honesty it doesn't surprise me.
    I'm not saying we should ban religion, but like Missand said, in the wrong hands it can be bad and very dangerous. Some people take things too far.
    They seem to be forgetting that this is their [i]daughter[/i]
    August 26th, 2009 at 12:30pm
  • if she is 16 or older, in most states, you can file for emancipation. much better than running away first because that won't help your case. but i don't blame her for running away. her parents' faith is questionable and under scrutiny from a number of sides.
    August 26th, 2009 at 11:27am
  • This is why any religion in the wrong hands is bad. I really feel it for the young girl, maybe she isn't lying and Islam is like that? I mean every religion has it's darker, more twisted side. I really hope they do something to protect her, and for her parents whether its in their beleifs or not shouldn't even consider murdering their own daughter.

    She's old enough to make her own decisions. People need to accept that.
    August 26th, 2009 at 11:17am