Ready For The 19th Baby

Ready For The 19th Baby What would you do if you had 18 kids? Welcome the 19th? That's exactly what Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar are about to do. But the new baby, supposed to see the daylight in March, won't have something in common with the others - the name beginning with "J". The newborn will be christened with the letter "M".

"We are so thrilled", said Michelle, the mother.

Next month their family will even get bigger - one of their sons and his wife are expecting a baby girl.

"This never gets old. We are so grateful for each child. We are looking forward to our first grandbaby and our 19th child", added Jim Bob.

Their plan at first was to have only two, maybe three kids. But as Christians with strong faith in God, they put their lives into God's hands. They thought that he should decide how many children they would have. Having 18 of them is not enough for this family but Michelle admits that the last pregnancy came off as a sheer shock.

"I was in WeightWatchers with Jim Bob and I wasn’t losing any weight. I couldn’t figure it out. I was doing what I should. And the baby, who was nursing, was fussy. I kept thinking, “This isn’t right. She isn’t teething, she doesn’t have an ear infection. I’m not cheating on my diet, I should be losing weight.” Then, I put two and two together and wondered if I could possibly be pregnant", she opened her heart.

They believe that their job is to be fruitful. Having that many kids, has brought them their 15 minutes of fame with a reality TV show called 18 Kids and Counting.

Latest articles