Death of the Artist - Comments

  • To reply to Tina Turner: AI has advanced far enough that it is possible under super Computers. Sometime in the near future your home PC will be able to do this to.
    November 4th, 2009 at 10:56pm
  • Dookie-chan, that's kinda depressing, and didn't have much to do with the article...

    o_o
    October 22nd, 2009 at 09:10am
  • I have to disagree with the musicians thing. Using machines in music is still under the artists' control. A song, even if it is mostly/all electronic, is created by a person. Computers may be advancing far and doing things humans can and can't, but one thing that they will never be able to do is think and create.
    September 19th, 2009 at 09:09pm
  • Okay, seriously, everyone needs to learn that there is no hope, things will only get worse and nothing will ever get better.
    September 18th, 2009 at 10:20pm
  • Nicely written. I will say that in my opinion. Most of the great bands will not go to this technology however. Stage presents is not going to allow for such. Fan's will reject the idea. Who wants a front man with nobody else rocking out with them. Thanks for the artical. I really enjoyed it and I don't read many of them. You are the first that I have commented on.
    September 18th, 2009 at 09:41am
  • [i]Why depend on actual people and risk wasted production time, or endless retakes, when technology can do the job for you? These days, digitally-rendered voices and completely 3D-animated movies are one thing, but what of the possibilities when it is perfected?[/i]
    3D-animated things are very very expensive and only a certain type of movies -blockbusters produced by the big rich companies- will ever be able to afford them, the movie industry and the movie-making art spans beyond Hollywood and Brad Pitt, so I highly doubt that modern technology will ever be the death of cinematographic art.
    September 18th, 2009 at 06:11am
  • This was well written, and you did research your information.
    Kudos to you, I do see where your coming from, and I also want to add that along with programs elimiting bands and such, it's also at the moment, taking away the musicians careers because of illegal downloading. Everyone does it, and it's stealing, so thanks the the internet, CD and even downloading from iTunes sales rates go down.
    September 18th, 2009 at 03:52am
  • Although technology has an aspect to everything, I don't think it will stop art.

    Art and music are too much a part of humans, it's in our genetics and psychology.

    Plus, there's are in technology. Like MikuMiku, web design, etc. ^_^ good article
    September 17th, 2009 at 09:25pm