The Australian Apocalypse

The Australian Apocalypse It was as if someone poured blood over the atmosphere above Australia. A thick blanket of bright orange dust cloaked the New South Wales region, the sun struggling to penetrate through to the ground.

Many stories tell of the red rock, Uluru, dissolving from the sweltering heat of the sun, and the tiny rock particles being blown all the way to Sydney. That, in fact, is not true. The red dust that is found here in NSW is actually desert sand being blown by the strong gusts of 100km/h winds all the way to Sydney.

Families are waking up to an orange red haze never seen before by Sydney residents or weather experts of the region. The dust has been labeled “hazardous”. Callers flooded weather, school, radio and health hotlines for information and instructions.

“This is the Day from Hell for Asthma sufferers”, says Mix 106.5, “we can breathe the dust from here in the studio, and we’re indoors.”

Parents are suggested to send their children to school with discretion, although most high schoolers have been made to go to school by academically-driver parents. Completely unaware of the dangers of dust settling in throats, lungs, and mouths, they are now suffering as they move from class to class.

It will seem that Mother Nature is taking a turn against Australia. Earthquakes with recorded magnitudes of 3 and 2.6 rocked Melbourne’s south-eastern suburbs. These earthquakes, like the red haze, were uncommon and unlike other recent tremors.

"I actually thought it sounded like a plane had crashed in the back yard, or that a car had smacked into the house", said a resident, "things were shaking up and down instead of going left and right".

Closer to the sweltering hot deserts of Central Australia, small scale fires have started in the bushland, but not as terrible of those back in February in Victoria. Some were leftovers from the back-burning that have been happening in the last few days in Australia.

What is happening? Is Mother Earth turning her rage against Australia? Is the driest inhabited continent the first to enter an apocalyptic age? With such freak weather as unpredicted earthquakes, a replay of the Victorian Bushfires and a mysterious blood-red hazardous blanket affecting our lives today, what are we, as Australians, meant to do in the real Apocalypse?

Latest articles