More Than One 'Correct' Religion?

More Than One 'Correct' Religion? Ever since homo sapiens, or in an every day term "people", began to walk, talk and start early civilizations, the people of the world have always believed they had a supernatural being which created the human race and the planet on which they were living. But what in all of creation had created the mortals who now controlled Earth? Many people had then created Deities, or Gods and Goddess, in who the people put their faith and fates.

However, each and everyone one of these people believed that they alone had the correct religion. A few beliefs are: Christianity, Islamic, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism. Christianity believes in only one God, along with the eternal individual of Jesus Christ. They also believe in a life after death where if you believe in Jesus you shall be forgiven and saved, while everyone else who does not believe shall face eternal punishment. Islamic culture believes also in one God and that you must also worship none but him, and to be kind to your parents for they took care of you as you grew up.

Judaism believes in only one all-knowing being and that all the things in the world had been designed to have meaning and purpose as part of some divine order. They believe that their Torah, or the commandments, were a gift from God to help the people of the world to live according to his law. Buddhism believes that Buddha is their only master and that the world was not created and ruled by a God. They also believe that the main purpose for all living things is to make suffering extinct. And that on one may escape the cycles of birth, life and death. You must follow eight steps before you may stop if you wish.

Hinduism; this religion is most commonly found in India, and they believe in more than one God or Goddess. They believe that one’s karma in life determines one’s birth in the next life. And finally, Jainism; this group teaches the purities of life and believes that the universe was never created nor will it ever end. When looking at all these religions you may primarily think, "Oh, there’s nothing in common with them." That is however false. All people believe something is out there and they are trying their best to live with purity and goodness.

"All religions are a path to God..."

Latest articles