Hitler's Obsession With Mother's Death Led To The Holocaust

Hitler's Obsession With Mother's Death Led To The Holocaust A book published in Germany today sheds new light on the mind of Adolf Hitler. According to the book “November 9: How World War One Led To The Holocaust” written by the German author, Joachim Riecker, the cause of the Holocaust was Hitler’s “obsession with his mother's death after her treatment for cancer by a Jewish doctor”.

As it states, the Nazi leader believed that Doctor Eduard Bloch poisoned his mother and the anger, anguish and resentment led to the genocide with the death toll that spawns between 11 million and 17 million people.

“Her painful death was a key moment in his development”, said the author.

Hitler was 18 at the time of his mother’s death, who died from idoform poisoning. Idoform treatment was a common practice back then, used to fight breast cancer.

“Hitler never forgave the Jewish doctor. In conversations with aides such as Josef Goebbels he referred to the Jews as being like TB [tuberculosis] and himself as a "healer" who had to stamp it, and consequently them, out”, he continued.

Riecker sees the death of Hitler’s mother Klara as the trigger, turning him into an anti-semite. She died in 1907, at the age of 47.

The book gives a new insight, speaking loudly and contradicting other views, claiming that Hitler didn’t have a huge amount of respect for Doctor Eduard Bloch as it was thought, and he did not help him emigrate from Austria to the USA in 1940. Doctor, aged 73, died in June 1945. , a month after Hitler.

The significance is in the book’s name: November 9. The author says that it’s “a key date for Hitler”. On November 9, in 1918 the Weimar Republic was born. Five years later, on the same date, Hitler tried to seize power while in 1938, the notorious Kristallnacht occurred; an anti-Jewish pogrom that left behind 91 dead people and around 30,000 arrested and placed in concentration camps.

Latest articles