Teenager Allegedly Killed by Parents

Teenager Allegedly Killed by Parents The town of Eugene, Oregon found out about a deadly secret; a teenager was killed, allegedly by her own parents. Jeanette Maples was just 15 years old when her life came to a tragic end. She was found injured and unconscious in a bathtub on Wednesday, December 9th, after a concerned person called police saying there was somebody in the house not breathing.

Once police and paramedics arrived, they noticed something off about the young girl's pallor. She was covered in bruises and looked malnourished. She was taken to a Riverbend Hospital in Springfield, Oregon, where she was pronounced dead not long after.

Meanwhile, police were suspicious. Noticing the bruises on the girl, they filed charges against the parents, after receiving critical evidence linking the parents, Angela McAnulty (41), and Richard McAnulty (40), to the crime.

Angela McAnulty is the girl’s biological mother, while Richard McAnulty adopted Maples. Her biological father lives in California. When Jeanette Maples' father was told of the news, he told reporters that he was told, “I’m sorry to inform you that your daughter’s been murdered” and also, “she said that it was really horrific.”

In court documents, a charge of murder was supported by evidence caused, “by neglect and maltreatment” and “occurred in the course of, or as a result of, intentional maiming and torture of the victim.”

Recently, Maples’ grandmother told a Portland, Oregon newspaper that she had told the State of Oregon Abuse Hotline, that she had seen cuts and bruises on Jeanette, but declined to go in further detail or leave her name, “because I didn’t want to lose contact with my grandchildren.”

Jeanette Maples, according to her neighbors, was never usually outside. When she was, a neighbor reported, that he’d tell her hello, and she would just walk away from him, not saying anything.

Her parents are now being held at the Lane County Jail, with Angela McAnulty having 3 charges against her, aggravated murder, murder by abuse, and tampering with physical evidence. Her husband, Richard McAnulty is just charged with aggravated murder and murder by abuse.

Angela’s two other children, aged 12 and 5, were taken and put into protective custody. It is not known whether the other children were abused or not.

An autopsy has been concluded on Maples, but the results have not been released. “We are waiting on the toxicology report to see if chemicals have also attributed to the death”, said a spokesman for the autopsy.

Meanwhile, prosecutors have not decided if they will seek the death penalty for one or both of the parents.

A funeral for Jeanette Maples was held on December 15th with family and friends in attendance.

Latest articles