Massacre In Juarez City

Massacre In Juarez City Sunday January 30, 2010. Juarez City, Mexico

A fun evening at a high school student’s birthday party turned out to be a horrible massacre in which an armed group of men, that are presumed to be related to the drug cartels, massacred 28 persons ranging from ages 13 to 42.

According to the information given by the authorities, the massacre occurred inside three of the houses located on the street Villas del Portal; the houses respective numbers were 1306, 1308, and 1310.

According to the authorities “inside house 1306, there were found the bodies of three of the victims, among them the owner of the house, Eduardo Becerra of 35 years of age.”

Other two bodies were found outside the house; witnesses report that these two victims were passing by the neighborhood store nearby in their motorcycle, while attempting to buy refreshments, but were shot in the spot by the criminals.

Inside the house 1308 “the bodies of three of the victims who sought safety were found lifeless."

While on house 1310, the house in which the birthday party was being held, five bodies of the victims of this massacre were found spread throughout the rooms of the house, where the young high school and college students were surprised by the criminals.

Officially, two of the deceased victims’ identities are unknown.

The victims whose identity was corroborated by the authorities were listed the morning of Monday the 1st of February of 2010 on the local news report, “Eduardo Becerra of 35 years of age, merchant; Edgar Martin Diaz Macias of 23 years of age, unemployed; Jaime Rosales Cisneros of 42 years of age, contractor; Jesus Enriquez Miramontes of 39 years of age, employee."

The students that were murdered in this massacre where also reported on a separate note in which the families of the victims were interviewed; the names and ages reported were, “Rodrigo Cadena Davila of 17 years of age, Carlos Lucio Moreno Avila of 18 years of age, Brenda Ivonne Escamilla Hernandes of 17 years of age, Horacio Alberto Soto Camargo of 19 years of age, Yomira Aurora Delgado Lara, the youngest of the murdered teenagers, a 13 year old female; Jesus Armando Segovia Ortiz of 15 years of age, and Jose Luis Aguilar Camargo of 19 years of age."

The deceased were students of the named “Escuela Secundaria Tecnica 8o” a middle school; “Colegio Bachilleres Plantel 9”, a high school, “Centro de Estudios Tecnologicos Industriales y de Servicios 128”, another middle school, and from the Autonomous University of Chihuahua.

The report and resolution of the case provided by the police force of Juarez City showed that the case is still ongoing; however, the anger and of the families of the victims is obvious, for the police arrived hours later after the massacre occurred and there hasn’t been an answer yet of the persecution of the criminals.

Latest articles