Teenage Boys Killed By Train.

Teenage Boys Killed By Train. At about 8.30 GMT on Saturday morning, a call was made to the British Transport Police [BTP] after there was a discovery of 2 bodies found on a north Norfolk line, but it is only today that the cause of death has been confirmed.

The two bodies, revealed to be two seventeen year old boys from Watlington, were spotted on the track by a person on passing, although it has not been established what their purpose was to be in the location at the time.

It is assumed that they were hit by the 6am train, 2 miles north of Kings Lynn, on its way to London, after a night, barely avoiding a level crossing, from which they were spotted.

Prayers are being said for the two boys at Wiggenhall St. Germans' parish church. Reverend John Penny told BBC News:

"My wife is the vicar of that area and was deeply distressed to learn of the tragedy and will be remembering the people who've died and their families at the services this day.

"It's an awful thing to happen just before Christmas."

Trains running between King's Lynn and Downham Market have been replaced with bus services, as the tracks have been sealed off. Briefly the road near which this incident occurred was also shut, but it is not thought to have been reopened.

Currently, a full forensic investigation is taking place and CCTV footage of the area has been obtained, to study.

On the matter, the BTP have said:
"We are not treating the incident as suspicious.

"We are investigating the possibility that the victims may have been on the track just as the 5.56am train to Kings Cross was passing.

"Tests at the postmortem will take into account alcohol levels, but this would appear to be a tragic accident.

The boys’ families have been notified and formal identifications are due to take place next week.

Latest articles