Tragic Plane Crash Of The Polish President's Plane

Tragic Plane Crash Of The Polish President's Plane Children asking their parents what happened. Many Poles mourning the great loss in front of the President Palace in capital of Poland in Warsaw. Everyone is shocked. No one can believe what happened. The shock and a feeling of history mocking us once again.

On Saturday morning just before 9am of Polish time the President's plane, Tupolew 154-M, crashed just near the Smole?sk Airport in western Russia. The Polish delegation was going to take part in memorial mass for the souls of murdered, by the Soviet Army in 1940, officers and generals of Polish Army in Katy?. It was 70th Anniversary of that massacre. They all were going there to mourn the deaths of their compatriots, their families. And they all died there.

There was no survivors.

The first information concerned the problems with the plane and another informed about the tragedy. The Polish media were at the place of the tragedy, but not even them knew what was happening where the Russian were on their way to help not long after the plane crashed. No one could believe what happened. The anniversary from 70 years ago turned into a mourning mass.

There were 96 people on board. Polish President Lech Kaczy?ski and his wife Maria Kaczy?ska, the deputies, entire top military brass, the head of National Bank Of Poland, bishops, the members of families of the murdered generals and the airplane crew.

Russian President Dmitrij Miedwiediew appointed an inquiry commission into the plane crash with Prime Minister Vladimir Putin as the head of the commission. Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk visited the plane crash the very same day after the meeting of the Seym.

Jaros?aw Kaczy?ski, the twin brother and former Prime Minister, identified the body of President Lech Kaczy?ki. Everyone paid their respects to the tragically killed by two minutes of silence. The whole country stopped for those two minutes.

Everywhere in Poland people go out to pay their respects to the killed in the tragic accident. People are gathered under the President Palace, homes, Senate and many other places across the country. It's a great loss for the country. Again the elite of Poland died in Katy? - a cursed place for Polish history.

The world joins in the tragedy and sorrow of Poles. It was showed on many important news channels like BBC or CNN. Condolences come from all over the world. No one can still believe this. No one has ever seen such a tragedy, especially in the days of peace. Many Poles are impressed with the way the Russians acted and helped in this tragedy and showed their sorrow about this tragic accident. Hopefully, despite our painful history and disagreements between the two countries we can finally understand each other and at least try to mend what is wrong between our countries.

The Speaker Of Seym, Bronis?aw Komorowski, announced a seven day mourning. He will head the country until the election of the new president, which he will have to announced no longer than in two weeks. Currently both Polish and Russian inquiry commissions are working together to explain how the tragedy happened and what decisions pushed the pilot to land on the airport despite the suggestions of going to the airport in Mi?sk or Moscow. The following days may answer the never ending questions.

"Why did this happen?" People ask, who still can't wake up from this nightmare no matter if they were criticizing the political views of Mr President and several other politicians. Everyone join in sorrow and mourning over the loss of so many important people.

Latest articles