14 Year Old Kidnapper?

14 Year Old Kidnapper? When you see a child, looking apparently lost and no adult is around, what do you do? This fourteen year old boy was shopping at a Burlington Coat Factory when he saw a three year old girl, who looked lost.

All his life his mother had taught him to help people in need, so when he found this three year old who he thought was lost. Minutes before that, he saw women who left the store stop by the front door and he thought that, maybe one of them were her mother.

When he got outside, he asked the women if any of them were the girl's mother.

By this time, the store had already called the police, reporting a apparent kidnapping of this three year old girl.

The boys mother met him outside, and before they got a chance to come back inside to find the girls mother, the mother met them outside after realizing her child was missing.

While outside, the boy's mother asked if she was indeed her mother and after responding that she was, the girl was returned to her mother and both families went back to shopping.

After an attempted crime, don't you think that they would leave and not go back to shopping?

Edwin, the boy, was just trying to help. He did not believe that he was doing anything wrong and when the police finally came, he was paraded around in front of the media. The officer who made the arrest has had a history with falsely accusing minorities.

The mother of the girl is not pressing charges, but if the police find him guilty he can spend 7 years in a juvenile detention center.

Edwin has one thing to say to the girl's mother, "I was just trying to help."

Source

parent dish

Latest articles