Students To Act Like Illegal Immigrants

Students To Act Like Illegal Immigrants A Spanish V class from Columbus, Ohio was assigned a project creating much controversy; to pretend to be a Latino illegal alien.

The project had been assigned to Erica Vieyra's classes for the past five years. Students were told to "try it legally." They had to fill out all the necessary paperwork, all to be stamped with a red DENIED mark.

After that, students had to figure out a way to "cross the border" illegally. They were told to visit banks and ask for Spanish applications as well as visit companies for job applications. They basically forged their way through the project.

Many people complain about her political and religious influence on the students. Apparently, she's too liberal for them to handle. One Columbus outraged resident states:

"Bare in mind liberals fight to remove any reference to religion, no matter what it is, claiming it intimidates, or I guess tricks people into believing, but liberal indoctrination in the schools? Well, that is not only okay, but damn near a requirement for tenure."

Students now ask themselves what this project was even for, that it was only busy work. Some even talk about wanting her fired. Vieyra claims she only seeks empathy from her students, though.

No known action has been taken on Erica Vieyra.

Latest articles