Students To Act Like Illegal Immigrants - Comments

  • That's just ridiculous. "Racist"? WILL YOU PEOPLE SHUT THE FUCK UP?!


    Oh my god. Okay, let me calm down.
    .
    .
    .
    .


    Okay, now, the problem here is not racism, but rather the fact that the immigrant is illegal. Not only is this disrespectful to those who strived to come here legally, but you don't know who the hell is crossing that border. For you guys to generalize a group of illegals as people who just want to work is more racist than those simply wanting to ensure that their country is safe.

    I'm not saying that's not the case, because it usually is. But the problem is that the illegal might be holding a weapon, drugs, and may have a disease.

    This causes problems, especially when American farmers down by the border are having illegals put their dirty diapers on their crops and ruining their business, only to replace it with their own.

    The other issue is that they may not know all of the laws (clearly since they're coming here illegally in the first place...) and understand how America works like legal citizens do.

    Yeah, it's not about "pure blood" or anything. I'm a huge combination of different races, and my family immigrated here as well. In fact, one of my great (etc...) grandmothers was Cherokee.

    I'm not trying to say it is entirely the illegal immigrant's fault. I'm sure most of us would try to do the same thing if we lived in the poor area of Mexico. The ones to blame are the people hiring them and the assholes giving them licenses.

    If any of the illegals were to commit a crime, they could just go back down to Mexico (I say Mexico because that is the most common place illegals come from and the country closest to the United States) and get away with it. Nobody would be able to identify them, and that has been the case for many people.

    So yes, though it is a sad situation, you can't just make this country become 3rd world as well.

    We need to make the legal process easier to accomplish and tighten up security. There will be no excuse to be illegal if we fix our demands for citizenship.

    This teacher is simply a bitch for enforcing her beliefs upon a group of students. Isn't that what you're not supposed to do?
    December 23rd, 2007 at 08:28am
  • I don't think it's dumb. I live in a country where 1 out of 7 kids has a parent working overseas. Immigration is an important issue in today's world. It's actually quite smart. Kids need to feel what it's like to be a stranger. You see one stranger, he sees millions, right ? People need to be less racist, only because your pretty ass was born in the US doesn't mean you have the right to stop other people from coming there. Actually more then 99% of Americans have European/Asiatic/African origins. Those people don't come to the US to steal, they only come to work because they want to work and they work harder than ''pure blood'' Americans.

    Maybe an English teacher could ask pupils to pretend to be Polish workers. That would be interesting too.
    December 23rd, 2007 at 03:08am
  • And Uh, x...Amanda...X? That was pretty harsh. I live in Australia and uh, well, technically, unless your an Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander, you're an immigrant. What about illegal immigrants from English speaking countries. Language is just a boundary, my friend.

    Sorry, I can't stand racism.
    December 22nd, 2007 at 05:27pm
  • The point of the project is obviously to teach tolerance towards immigrants. Maybe if the students had to go through half of what they went through, they would feel something for them, and that doesn't include what they probably had to put up with before they immigrated. I don't see anything wrong with it.

    December 22nd, 2007 at 05:25pm
  • Oh, that's just smart. Make kids act like people so many American citizens (like me) HATE with a passion... Honestly, we need to put up an electric fence or something or build a frickin' wall. A huge wall with no possibility of them climbing over. I'm sick of the illegal immigrants that come into this country, not knowing a word of English, and those people are the reason we natural Americans work so damn hard to try and keep our frickin' jobs.
    December 22nd, 2007 at 01:15pm
  • Heh, that's interesting. I live very close to Columbus, but I hadn't heard anything about this. Seems fairly stupid, though...
    December 22nd, 2007 at 08:32am
  • Yeah...very nicely written.

    But why would you do that? It's stupid...
    December 22nd, 2007 at 08:31am
  • Um, no offense, but that sounds really...dumb.

    Pretending to be an Illegal Immigrant???

    Wow.


    Nicely written article though!

    =)
    December 22nd, 2007 at 08:02am