Kissing Photograph of His Wife, Erases His Blindness

George Hudspeth was told he would never see again. The 76 year old pensioner from Northamptonshire has astonished doctors as his vision miraculously returned after talking to and kissing a framed picture of his deceased wife, Sheila.

10 years ago, George was diagnosed with dry macular degeneration. As years were passing by, he could barely see. For the past year he had lived in total darkness.

„I entered the world of darkness and it was just awful“, George remembers.

Last week as he was getting ready for bed, his life changed. He did what he has been doing for the past 2 years, since his beloved sheila died. He took her picture, held it close and spoke to her as she was with him; how the day was, what he was doing. Then, he kissed the photograph.

Moments after, he inexplicably regained his sight.

"Then when I looked back to the television I could see the picture in full colour. I was terrified. I actually thought I was losing the plot or losing my marbles. I want to tell the world because I am sitting on top of Mount Everest shouting 'I can see.'

I can't explain it. I can't find the right words. I can see just as well as anybody else. It is truly incredible and I couldn't be happier.“

He stayed up all night, watching television, being scared that his returned vision was only a temporary moment. It wasn't.

Bursting with happiness, for the first time in his life he could see his 5 month old granddaughter.

Eye specialists still don't know how it could have happened but they suggested he must have been misdiagnosed.

„There is only one word to describe having my sight back. It means everything. I'm still on top of the world days after. It's a miracle“, George says.

Latest articles