Japanese Education: Its Effect on the Youth and Family Life - Comments

  • freddy43

    freddy43 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    24
    Location:
    China
    The site offers an extensive collection of study materials and resources that cater to diverse academic interests. Whether you're a high school student preparing for an exam or a college student researching a specific topic, you'll find valuable content here. The resources are well-organized, allowing for easy access and seamless navigation. If you're searching for comprehensive study material, look no further. This site provides a vast array of information that will undoubtedly assist you in your learning journey.
    October 1st, 2023 at 02:45am
  • bendjamin44

    bendjamin44 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Australia
    Greetings, friends! As the afternoon unfolds, I'm eager to find training programs that can elevate my knowledge in the field I'm passionate about. Any suggestions or insights you can share would be immensely valuable. Wishing you a pleasant day ahead!
    October 1st, 2023 at 01:49am
  • crying_for_COOKIES!

    crying_for_COOKIES! (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    This was a really well written article :) I never usually read the long ones (I'm lazy as hell), but I found this was very interesting. It's kind of sad how people put such an emphasis on money that they have a skewed view of "success". Nobody seems content to have a roof over their head and a loving family. Those kids go to school for a few hours longer a day than we do, and they sometimes go six days a week. That would be really stressful! I actually have one of my own little tidbits of information about this: while Japan has one of the highest life expectancies, it also has one of the highest suicide rates. It's sad, but true.

    Anyway, wonderful and informative article :D
    September 1st, 2011 at 08:43am
  • The Violist

    The Violist (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I found this article to be very intresting. I've always wondered what the Japanese school system is like. I enjoyed how you showed both sides of the "arguement" allowing your readers to form their own opinions from the information you provided (unlike tv, newspapers, and celebrity magazines).
    July 28th, 2011 at 02:05am
  • walking.thin.lines

    walking.thin.lines (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    I am one of the Japanese obsessers but this article was really informitive
    June 30th, 2011 at 04:01am
  • MintCat

    MintCat (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Germany
    Very well written article. Only the ending was a bit sudden. Wrap up sentence or paragraph would be nice.

    I used to read a lot of manga and watch a lot of anime shows and therefore already knew a bit about the school system. Also growing up one hears bits and pieces, but while I knew that education was very competetive in Japan I didn't think it was quite as over-the-top as this.

    So I learned a lot, but I gotta say, the fact that school sometimes is rather about preparing to pass standardized exams rather than learning useful stuff isn't new. Also the fact that students believe their futures are set very early. It is what societies everywhere are expecting of this new generation. We're supposed to get the highest education possible and work hard, make a lot of money.

    In Germany we only have three major stages of education. Elementary school, then Secondary education (three different school types), and then university. But probably the most influental choice you have to make is which secondary education you take up. But at the time you have to choose you are only 10 or 11 years old, much too young to understand the extent of your choice. Often parents make the decision for their children and as always they aim high, so their children may study and get high paid jobs.

    It's kind of a problem, but something we can't change I guess.
    June 20th, 2011 at 06:37pm
  • cinderella.

    cinderella. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    This was such a well-written article! I learned a lot about Japan, I have a Japanese-obsessed friend and a half-Japanese friend as well, I can't wait to share what I learned about Japan with them, should it ever come up in a conversation. The only thing that stuck out to me was your lack of "proper" ending. When I read the last sentence, I felt like there was more to it, and then when I scrolled down, I was surprised to see the article was over. I would suggest, if possible, to go back and end it with something along the lines of a "wrap-up" sentence (or sentences). Otherwise, this was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    May 21st, 2011 at 04:22am
  • Skela_chibi

    Skela_chibi (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Puerto Rico
    I still wanna live in Japan! xD
    May 18th, 2011 at 02:06am
  • recounts

    recounts (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    Well, I'm glad I don't live in Japan!
    May 16th, 2011 at 08:32am