Young Girls Targeted by Drink Spiking

Young girls have recently been the target of drink spiking in Epsom clubs. One of the incidents took place last Friday night, as a couple of first year university students decided to go out drinking. The two girls ended up in Native Tongue, a small club often used to promote local bands. The girls claim to have had their drinks spilt on them by two men, who then bought them new drinks as an apology.

Although they have extremely vague memories of the night, the girls are said to have only had a small number of drinks throughout the evening. Despite not having much knowledge about what actually happened, one of the victims coughed up blood after waking the next morning, with both of them finding suspicious bruises on their neck and wrist. One of the girls also stated that she’d never considered such a thing happening in a ‘nice, little place like Epsom’, yet has since heard of a similar incident happening to another first year student in the local Wetherspoons.

According to sources, staff at Native Tongue have suspicions on who the men are, but have yet to choose a course of action on the matter. Despite this, bouncers at the club refused entry to the suspected men, who returned the following night alongside a group of friends. A staff member at the club also recalls seeing 'three creepy men' follow the girls home and texted one of them as a warning, which unfortunately went unseen until the next day. Students are therefore warned to be careful about being given free drinks or leaving their own drinks left unattended.

Latest articles