Bullying Leading to Suicides - Comments

  • s-o-u-l-s

    s-o-u-l-s (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @ Painted Smiles
    Yes, I am quite intelligent, thank you! Wink
    You read my comment, I used it once.
    She obviously isn't too bothered by my comment if she hasn't replied to it yet. So, tell me, why are you so bothered? Get over it. Have you ever heard of "constructive criticism"?
    August 18th, 2012 at 07:45pm
  • Painted Smiles

    Painted Smiles (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    @ s-o-u-l-s
    Wow, aren't you a smart one?
    Tell me, how was I supposed to know how many times you used that word?
    Enlighten me.
    Very Happy
    August 18th, 2012 at 05:23pm
  • s-o-u-l-s

    s-o-u-l-s (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @ Painted Smiles
    I used it once.
    Get over yourself.
    Very Happy
    August 18th, 2012 at 02:18am
  • Aris.

    Aris. (375)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Oh my, you included Myspace. Bless, haven't heard of that site in a while (':

    It's best not to argue back with critics. Even if you think you're right, arguing doesn't gain you anything. I'd also like to add that while reviewing, be mindful of other peoples feelings and while commenting do the same. Don't approve of someones comment? PM a member of staff. It's what they are there for.

    Now, regarding the article. I agree with others that is it rather 'narrow' in the sense it seems to center on bullying when someone is 'different'. Bullying happens for a variety of reasons, and it would be best to have mentioned a few more, or made a suggestion there were more not being brought up.

    While your grammar isn't the best, it's readable, and since this article has been published it's already been read through by a skilled writer. Just be more more careful with placement of commas and use of 'got'.

    The bullies can pretend to be someone and then in the end they turn out to hurt the victims just by talking to them. I don't quite comprehend this line? I'm unsure of what you mean.

    Hm. I think reading other people's work would be of benefit to you - see how things are worded. They made a fool out of Megan just to know if she was talking bad about their kids, for example. I wouldn't say causing herself to kill herself was 'making a fool' (unless you're referring to what she say to Josh? Flirting etc.) and 'talking bad' was used quite a few times in the paragraph prior. Perhaps 'speaking badly of' or some other term would help the flow of the article.

    Even if you think someone is being bullied it’s better to be safe than sorry and you should talk to that person and make sure there not being bullied. I assume you mean 'not being bullied' otherwise I don't think that statement would make a lot of sense.

    I'm afraid the saying 'no one cares unless you're pretty or dying' has quite a bit of truth. Personally, I find that people who have committed suicide are described as wonderful people etc. while when they were living they were the center of everyone's jokes. Bullying is a part of human nature and I don't think it's ever going to stop. The thing to focus on is the victims. We give them the strength, a bully's words will mean nothing.

    Lovely article, a little narrow as previously noted, but interesting.
    August 15th, 2012 at 07:40pm
  • Painted Smiles

    Painted Smiles (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    @ s-o-u-l-s
    Ouch. No need to get all high and mighty. Fine then. If we're stating opinions, you should stop using the word horrid because that's a really harsh word to use when criticizing someone. If someone were to use that on me, I would be hurt deeply. And I'm positive I'm not the only who would react that way. Thank you very much.
    August 15th, 2012 at 03:50pm
  • s-o-u-l-s

    s-o-u-l-s (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @ Painted Smiles
    If someone trying to publish a serious opinion, his or her grammar shouldn't be as hers was. It was my opinion. You have yours, she has hers, and I have mine. That's all.
    August 15th, 2012 at 03:27am
  • Painted Smiles

    Painted Smiles (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    @ s-o-u-l-s
    Her grammar wasn't horrid. Horrid is "and den dey died and she nows knot to do et anymoar." That's horrid. She had a few mistakes here and there. They could have been caught easily if she had read it a few times.
    August 15th, 2012 at 03:23am
  • s-o-u-l-s

    s-o-u-l-s (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    "Then kids start teasing them and calling them names and eventually leads them to committing suicide."
    This is the line I think that confused the other two readers - you made it seem as though every single kid who was or is bullied commits suicide, which obviously isn't the case.

    I don't mean to be harsh, but your grammar is horrid. There are a lot of misused words and missing punctuation.
    Whether you're publishing an informative article, an opinionated one, or a work of fiction, you should always have someone check your work for you to make sure there aren't as many mistakes.
    August 14th, 2012 at 10:39pm
  • bunny20

    bunny20 (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Im sorry you feel that way. But i did do reasearch and i dont appreciate that everyones criticizing the article because what im saying isnt true. What i wrote doesnt affect every person and some people dont have to deal with bullying but some do and no one helps them. My title isnt misleading because some bullying does lead to suicides i never said it did lead to suicide all the time someone got bullied.

    I never watched cartoon network as much as you think i did i didnt even know they had a campaign for bullying. I wrote this because im against bullying and i wanted to write about it.
    August 12th, 2012 at 04:42am
  • sabrina's auticorn;

    sabrina's auticorn; (100)

    :
    Bibliophile
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I also kind of find it misleading since not all bullying is because someone is 'different'. I admit, that yes, I as very different and bullied because of my odd behaviors but bullying can affect anyone. You might see someone bullying a boy because he is gay or that girl from Pakistan getting bullied because of her culture and religion.

    I think you paid too much attention to what you saw from cartoon network's bullying campaign which i found VERY misleading.

    But the article was nice though, I only wish you would have actually researched more on bullying and who it affects.
    August 12th, 2012 at 03:58am
  • Painted Smiles

    Painted Smiles (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    I honestly think your title is misleading. In my opinion, bullying doesn't necessarily lead to suicide. It leads to kids thinking that they're never going to be good enough and contemplating suicide. The people that you talked about were only those who killed themselves in the end due to bullying. But that's just my opinion. It would have been nice if you had talked about those who "survived" and how they did and how we, as humans, can help...

    But about the 13 year old girl thing. I heard it was actually her friends mother who did the whole thing to see how Megan felt about the ladys daughter and all that.

    I also found a few errors in spelling and you used the wrong words. Like you used "know" instead of "now" toward the end. But yeah, it was a nice article.
    August 10th, 2012 at 06:27pm