What Does it Mean to be a Humanitarian?

What is that genuine purpose you wake up for in the morning? Is it because the alarm you set has gone off and you have to head to school, work or an appointment? Is it simply because your biological clock has ticked its last mark, and you are up to start your day off, with not a worry in the world, or is it because you know that somewhere out there, someone needs to be helped or saved and doing nothing will not get anything solved and you know that something has to be done. It takes a lot for someone to care and become devoted for a stranger’s well being, but that is one of the rarest, beautiful things about being human – you understand struggle, pain, enlightenment and even fear. Human decency is not lost as young men, women and children are marked by humanistic values into helping others find some sort of happiness by giving a hand of hope and strength in their lives.

Humanitarians are not just born; they are created for those soul purposes of promoting human welfare. They are about promoting the ideas of people in general and how social reforms in the state of changing the normal behavioral patterns of a society and region into doing well or aiding in the form of money or necessities for those in exigency. A simple action of donating money to a charity or cause that you firmly believe in is always good enough. The notion of not giving or frankly not caring is never measured by how much you have spent or time you put into that reform, but just the thought of you doing and taking part in something in remembrance or an act of kindness, will go a long way in someone’s eyes.

As a humanitarian, you are not looking for easy steps to take or glorifying rewards at the end of the day. The main goal is to achieve the reward of making someone’s life better than what it already is. Humanitarians find memorable marks to leave on people’s hearts that have shattered, as well as hearts that no longer have had hope. It takes the heart of a lion to immerse themselves in terrible situations and conditions to help those in need. It does not hurt to be involved with the world around you. Do something nice be kind and fragile to people, for everyday they are fighting for something and we as humans should not deprive people of hope, especially if that is all they have.

Humanitarians are courageous and admirable souls who should not be forgotten. They lived, they loved, they did and done. Consuming less and creating more while making a difference, what exactly does that mean, and what exactly could you do, to make that change in someone’s life? Well, for one: be optimistic; always be optimistic to the best of your abilities. Making people life’s less stressful and more meaningful, means consuming less negativity and creating differences and changing someone aspect of kindness in the most wondrous of ways. Give your all, have no regrets and most importantly do your best, at the end of the day, you brought someone happiness.

Latest articles