WBC Plans to Protest Lane Bryant Victims' Funerals

WBC Plans to Protest Lane Bryant Victims' Funerals On February 2, 2008, a shooting took place inside of a Lane Bryant women's store. Many people have heard of the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC), they are the ones who protested Heath Ledgers death. They also protest things against gays, soldiers funerals, and more. These same people plan to protests outside of the funerals of Sarah Szafranski, and Connie Woolfolk. On a site found here, you can find their schedule to where they protest and reasons why. The WBC will protest outside St. Damian School Church on the day of Sarah's funeral. On their site it is stated:

St. Damian Church 5220 W. 155th St. This is for the funeral of Sarah T. Szafranski. God is killing your children! You have institutionalized sin and shame by breaking the moral compass of this generation, and you have raised them for the Devil. Ye are of your father the Devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do (John 8:44). Because you have refused to obey the Commandments of the Lord Your God, namely, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22), and "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" (Leviticus 19:17-18 ) and instead of doing these, have called him a liar by saying it is okay to live any filthy life style that you desire to take course in, YOU HAVE REAPED THE SWORD. YOU HAVE REAPED THE WHIRLWIND. The LORD is called the Man of War, and he is fighting against you, and you are not prospering. You say, "We shall rebuild", but God has cursed the works of your hand: think WILDFIRES, burning down millions of acres of farmland; think TORNADOES, tearing apart communities, like in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, and Arkansas. You have only begun to pay for the crimes you have committed against the Servants of God. Prepare to meet thy God, oh America. America is Doomed! Amen.

Personally I think that is outrageous. My sister was friends with Sarah and she was a wonderful girl. I went to the same school and I know he sister. Their family is wonderful and do not deserve to be protested. The media converge was terrible too. The press questioned St. Damian's pastor Father Meany and when he wouldn't tell them what they wanted made made him seem disrespectful when in reality he wouldn't tell them out of respect for the family.

We must understand that they are just standing up for what they believe in. Whether good or bad, we always say, stand up for what you believe in, and that is exactly what they are doing. If we are to say they are bad people for doing that then they could say the same for us. I personally disagree with them, but for me to say they are bad people for what they believe, then I would be a hypocrite, as you would be too.

Latest articles