Local Woman Found in Bush

Local Woman Found in Bush Kathryn Daley was found dead by rail workers at Callemondah, north of Gladstone in central Queensland. The 21 year old had been out partying at a club and was last seen by her friends at 4am.

Detective Inspector John Wacker commented that while a postmortem had yet to be done, Ms Daley's body and suffered "severe trauma" but it was too early to determine if she had been sexually assaulted.

Ms Daley grew up in the Gladstone and was well known in the community, residents have reacted with horror to the news of the young woman’s death.

After spending the night at club with a group of friends, Kathryn was last seen leaving the club around 4am heading towards a local service station in the company of an unidentified man whose description has yet to been provided.

Detective Inspector Wacker told reporters: "This is a heinous offense that's totally out of character for the area, it's a total tragedy. A callous waste of life".

Kathryn's drivers license, Nokia 180 mobile, key card and a pair of black Billabong thongs are the items that Detective Inspector Wacker hopes someone has found, to hopefully shed some light on the devastating event.

Sue and Tony Daley appealed yesterday with police for anyone with relevant information about their daughter's death to come forward.

Latest articles