The Commandments of Jashinism - Comments

  • Across 5 Oceans

    Across 5 Oceans (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    (disreguard this comment. It posted twice)
    June 15th, 2013 at 06:17am
  • JashinistExperience

    JashinistExperience (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    99% of the information on the internet about Jashinism is incorrect. I doubt you took the time to correctly search for information and that's why you kept finding incorrect sites. It sounds like you got your information in the first paragraph from Narutopedia and/or a dictionary website. Jashinism is mostly passed down orally. But you want a book? Inshi no Jashin written in the early 1900's. It's in the Library of Congress and exists in Japan.

    Why are you even going on about universal principles? There is no such thing because all people are different and do not have the same principals as their neighbors.

    I want that link to official religions, cults, and/or minority groups. Also, just because it might not be officially recognized in the USA means nothing. Jashinism is a dying religion. It's probably not recognized because the Hidanists do nothing but damage.

    Jainism is irrelevant to this conversation. Jainism and Jashinism are different.

    Why would we seek support from Satanism? It's another separate religion. Jashin is not the devil and Jashin is not evil. Again, another irrelevant addition.

    You're more than welcome to message me.
    tastes like fire.:
    it could qualify as a new-age cult of sorts; However, the religion has no universal principles because the religion is based purely on how different fans interrupt the actions of the manga character known as Hidan; Jashinism does not even appear on the official list of cults and minority groups in the United States. A quick Google search will reveal that mentions of Jashinism as a real religion only occur on forum sites and crudely put together ".com" domains, and that no major websites concerning or even cults has a section for Jashinism. I highly doubt anyone can find a single article on a reputable site or an actual book about Jashinism that claims it is a real religion; Also, Jainism is a real religion that is frequently confused for Jashinism by over eager fans. Jainism is of Indian origin, and it doesn't practice any of the violent practices prescribed in Jashinism. "The Satanic International Network" does go out of its way to point out that Jashinism is a fake religion and will not be accepted into its database, you know, in case you were worried about the support of Satanism.
    June 13th, 2013 at 11:30pm
  • Across 5 Oceans

    Across 5 Oceans (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    @ tastes like fire.
    Thank you so much for that :D I'm so tired of hearing it as a real religion when it's not. I even decided to ask my brother who studies Japanese language and history if he's ever heard of it and he hasn't. Besides the one of the commandments that they decided to "change" just listed the 7 Deadly Sins which is by far not from this stupid cult. Nor is it's symbolizism that a lot of it's "followers" are seeing everywhere.
    June 4th, 2013 at 06:11am
  • secret police

    secret police (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Jashinism is not a real religion. Jashinism, a word which literary translates as "religion of the evil god" in Japanese, was completely fabricated for the serialized manga series "Naruto." Arguably, because some fans of the manga legitimately identify as belonging to this religion, it could qualify as a new-age cult of sorts. However, the religion has no universal principles because the religion is based purely on how different fans interrupt the actions of the manga character known as Hidan.

    It's also important to note that not a single country, not even Japan where the idea Jashinism originated, acknowledges Jashinism as a religion. Jashinism does not even appear on the official list of cults and minority groups in the United States. A quick Google search will reveal that mentions of Jashinism as a real religion only occur on forum sites and crudely put together ".com" domains, and that no major websites concerning or even cults has a section for Jashinism. I highly doubt anyone can find a single article on a reputable site or an actual book about Jashinism that claims it is a real religion.

    Also, Jainism is a real religion that is frequently confused for Jashinism by over eager fans. Jainism is of Indian origin, and it doesn't practice any of the violent practices prescribed in Jashinism.

    And on a slightly unrelated note, "The Satanic International Network" does go out of its way to point out that Jashinism is a fake religion and will not be accepted into its database, you know, in case you were worried about the support of Satanism.
    June 3rd, 2013 at 09:12pm
  • kim wonshik.

    kim wonshik. (2255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    @ Not So Hipster.
    I know what you mean! I thought it was just from Naruto. Well, this just shows how cultured I am. Facepalm
    This was a very well written article, great job on it! Thumb up
    June 1st, 2013 at 03:34am
  • Not So Hipster.

    Not So Hipster. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Wait... this is a LEGIT religion?! I totally thought Kishimoto made it up! XD Wow.
    June 1st, 2013 at 01:57am
  • Ne0nAbyss

    Ne0nAbyss (465)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    This for one, explains things clearly to me then anything I've seen about this. I saw Hidan's way of doing things and of course, I thought it was a load of bull the way he does it. It definitely clears things up for me.
    May 22nd, 2013 at 04:16am