15-Year-Old Killed Because of Sexual Preference

15-Year-Old Killed Because of Sexual Preference Eighth grade student Lawrence King was shot and killed by a fellow classmate. Lawrence was declared brain dead on February 13 after being shot in the head the day before, by Brandon McInerney in a student-filled classroom.

Lawrence King (Larry), a boy from California attending E.O. Green Junior High School in Oxnard, was very honest with his classmates and everyone else about his sexuality. He openly admitted he was gay to anyone.

With all differences in people, there are always going to be those opposed to certain views. Larry's attacker was a 14-year-old who was just one person in a large group who harassed Larry on a day-to-day basis. Just one person but one person who decided to act on his hatred. He, among others, taunted and teased Larry constantly. He continued being the person he was, often wearing jewelry and/or make-up to school, sometimes showing up in his favorite high-heeled boots.

At the time, Larry was living in a home for abused, neglected, and troubled children.

Larry told the 14-year-old, Brandon McInerney, that he liked him. A boy, named Jeremiah, told reporters, "I see no point in shooting someone for telling them that you like them". He was just one of many who showed up for a special march dedicated to Larry and his memory alive.

Latest articles