5th Anniversary of Iraqi War

5th Anniversary of Iraqi War War was declared by George W. Bush five years ago, against the Iraqi government.

Today, there was all sorts of chaos in Washington, D.C., as anti-war activists were protesting in the streets against the war which has so far taken the lives of 4,000 Americans and many more Iraqis. People were arrested for blocking traffic and trespassing.

President Bush made a speech at the Pentagon today, declaring he will not pull more troops out of Iraq than would be possible without undoing whatever progress has already been made. Approximately 18,000 troops are expected to come home, but this is only out of 158,000. He stuck by his decision and argued strongly that it was an appropriate choice based on the situation.

"The battle in Iraq is noble, it is necessary, and it is just. And with your courage the battle in Iraq will end in victory," he told his audience at the Pentagon.

The candidates for the upcoming election took this opportunity to re-enforce their opinions on the war.

McCain says he would like the troops to come home, however he also would like to allow conditions in Iraq to become more stable and finish the war.

Clinton and Obama both made speeches discussing what their actions would be on the war, should they get elected.

Both are against the war and would like "our sons and daughters to come home", as Clinton said.

Latest articles