The Sex Appeal Trap - Comments

  • PercyBeavers

    PercyBeavers (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for sharing, very useful information!
    I agree with you that sex is everywhere now and the information about it is crowded on a variety of sources. For me, sex is also very important and recently I discovered adult dates, a very interesting experience and it's worth a try. I found a review https://hookupmasters.com/adult-dating-sites/snapsext-review/
    and had a good time with beautiful and hot girl.
    June 8th, 2020 at 09:44am
  • ev4nbryan

    ev4nbryan (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    discoveringclouds:
    I agree with your point of view, it is absolutely brilliant! I've been thinking about this same thing, the obsessive pressure from the media for me to accept these over-sexualized advertisements and calls for my money. It's disgusting and overdone. If there products are amazing, then they will sell, they don't need these dirty tactics.

    Thank you for having the courage to write this and working hard to make it clear and concise. Great job!
    Totally agree !!
    June 8th, 2020 at 01:37am
  • ev4nbryan

    ev4nbryan (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    Very useful and interesting information!
    Thank you so much!
    June 8th, 2020 at 01:36am
  • ev4nbryan

    ev4nbryan (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    Thank you for sharing!!
    June 8th, 2020 at 01:34am
  • folie a dru.

    folie a dru. (1270)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    This was a brilliantly written article. I think you did a very good job illustrating your point, as well as trying to point out various sides of the issue. I do agree with your broad statements, and you truly engaged people with the way you wrote this article.
    March 4th, 2014 at 04:08pm
  • folie a dru.

    folie a dru. (1270)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    I disagree. Only because I think it isn't sex we're selling--it's misogyny.

    I read this quote a few weeks ago and it really stuck with me:
    “I swear to god I will lose my mind if I hear the “sex sells” fallacy one more time. Sex does not sell. If sex sold, we would see penises where we see boobs. Naked men would be on everything that naked women are on. Sex isn’t what they’re selling you. They’re selling you an impossible, pornographically fueled misogynistic idea of the perfect woman.”

    And they are doing it with younger and younger girls.
    March 4th, 2014 at 04:07pm
  • Radio Rebel

    Radio Rebel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I totally agree with this article. Everyone is exposed to sexual things and vulgar images. I am so happy that someone finally had the courage to write about this story.
    February 21st, 2014 at 02:04am
  • discoveringclouds

    discoveringclouds (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    I agree with your point of view, it is absolutely brilliant! I've been thinking about this same thing, the obsessive pressure from the media for me to accept these over-sexualized advertisements and calls for my money. It's disgusting and overdone. If there products are amazing, then they will sell, they don't need these dirty tactics.

    Thank you for having the courage to write this and working hard to make it clear and concise. Great job!
    December 21st, 2013 at 04:12pm
  • Living Waters

    Living Waters (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I totally agree with this article. The sex we are exposed to has completely saturated our minds, it is hard to go an hour without being exposed to something risque and inappropriate in advertisement and media. Thank you for speaking out against this evil:)
    December 18th, 2013 at 05:22pm
  • kim wonshik.

    kim wonshik. (2255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This. This right here. Hail I'm agreeing with TastesLikeACID. When it comes down to it, the companies don't care about the consumer, they just care about filling their pockets. Or at least that's how it feels to me.

    This is a well written article, by the way!
    December 18th, 2013 at 07:33am
  • Grimm.

    Grimm. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Canada
    This article speaks everything I've ever thought about commercials these days. I personally think it's sad tht "sex sells". It makes me think of the advertising industry as one big whore house. The one who makes the most money wins, its a terrible truth.
    December 18th, 2013 at 05:37am
  • Rayus

    Rayus (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    They use sex appeal because sex sells. Think of it this way, they have a "good" product & if it sold well without the sex it would sell better with it. I'm not condoning nor condemning it. It's an effective strategy, however it can be taken too far.
    December 18th, 2013 at 02:48am
  • Lee Hi;

    Lee Hi; (285)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Hail Bowing because this is one of the best articles ever, and I completely agree with all of this.
    December 18th, 2013 at 02:38am