Is Amanda Knox Guilty? - Comments

  • amybh33

    amybh33 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    55
    Location:
    United States
    @missZsadist I also didn't include an opinion as to whether she is guilty or not only that she should be able to rely on the protection of the country that she is a citizen of. She is OURS and I would hope that that our government would not hand her over to another country just because they asked. Politeness has its place but this is not it!
    April 11th, 2014 at 06:09am
  • MissZsadist

    MissZsadist (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    @ amybh33 The reason I didn't include whether I think she is guilty or not (for the record, I don't think she is) is because it is irrelevant when the US authorities decide whether to extradite her or not. Whether we like it or not, it is not for the US to decide whether she is guilty or not - America is not a higher authority than Italy. I guarantee that she will either be extradited or serve her sentence in an American prison.
    April 7th, 2014 at 01:17pm
  • amybh33

    amybh33 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    55
    Location:
    United States
    @ MissZsadist I think it would be more dangerous for them to send her back. Extradition is usually reserved for returning those to the country that they are citizens of. Most decline to surrender their OWN nationals. What would doing that to her tell her fellow citizens? She comes from a country that puts a lot of faith in physical evidence and leaves innuendo and personal feelings where it belongs, here for us to debate. What physical evidence do they have against her that is indisputable?
    April 5th, 2014 at 04:29am
  • amybh33

    amybh33 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    55
    Location:
    United States
    "See you later" in American terms usually means just that "later", no specific time intended. If the Italian authorities believe that this was mentioned as an assignation with Lumumba why is there no mention of charges being brought against him? We tell people that they need get on with their lives after a tragedy by if they do it to soon they are penalized. How long was she expected to wear black? How well did she know her flat mate? Were they thrown together through circumstances or had they known each other since childhood? So she was seen showing affection to her boyfriend, why would that make her appear guilty? I would think that being accused of committing a crime that one hasn't would lead to the need for some comfort from those that believe in you and to gain strength and maybe even, god forbid, a smile from them. There seems to be a lot of physical evidence pointing to Guede but very little pointing to Knox other than proximity, she lived with her.
    April 5th, 2014 at 03:56am
  • Subject A-5

    Subject A-5 (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    New Zealand
    I'm not sure if she did it, I know that ( from experience ) that when my friend died, I was still smiling days afterwards. Not all people can just be overwhelmed by negative emotions. I'm not sure what I think about her doing it, but I do feel like she is hiding something, maybe even just covering for her partner, or that someone was acting odd and didnt want to expose them for fear for her own safety - either way, someone did it. :/
    March 11th, 2014 at 10:27am
  • Nyctophilia.

    Nyctophilia. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I don't think she did it, there's no evidence and why would she be guilty if they already found Rudy as a suspect! Why would you flee if you were innocent? He is the suspect. I don't get this case, you can't keep retrying someone, it's not fair. If they thought she was that guilty, they wouldn't have freed her! The case is so run out, it's ridiculous and drives me mad. I've said it before, the Kercher family need to find peace with themselves and stop trying to pin it on her so much. There is evidence, what is there to do still? They can give her justice if they move on together as a family. I know they lost a daughter but how do you convict someone when there's no evidence? Two wrongs don't make a right I don't understand why the focus is not on Rudy Guede? He was there! This case has always frustrated me, but I believe Amanda is innocent and she should not have to go back to Italy, that's their problem not the U.S.
    March 5th, 2014 at 02:43am
  • johnrichards97

    johnrichards97 (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Hana_Hitachiin :3:
    I must say this article was writing amazingly. You portrayed the tragic events in away that showed no basis to any of the suspects but simply brought attention to the fact that a young women was killed and her family never saw justice. This maybe an old case but the pain of it will never truly pass for the victim's family.
    Thank you for your kind words. Not bad for my first try! :)
    February 27th, 2014 at 03:23am
  • johnrichards97

    johnrichards97 (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    sans sheriff.:
    This is such a lovely article! You kept be captivated throughout the entire time. It's a very interesting topic that I was not familiar with.
    Thanks so much for your kind words. It's the first time I've ever written an article, I'm new here and was not expecting good feedback ^.^ x
    February 27th, 2014 at 03:22am
  • MissZsadist

    MissZsadist (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Regardless of whether she's guilty or not, I think it would be quite a dangerous move on the part of the USA if Italy were to ask for Knox to be extradited and the USA refused. Italy is not Syria or North Korea. They are a legitimate Western democracy with a legitimate legal system. If the USA were to refuse her extradition, this would set a dangerous precedent. If other countries saw the USA refuse the extradition of a person who has twice been convicted for murder in a legitimate legal system, they would retaliate and use this case as a basis for not extraditing people to the USA.
    In other words, if you think that the USA won't eventually extradite Amanda Knox to Italy then you don't know much about US politics and international diplomacy. There is no doubt in my mind that Knox will eventually serve her sentence.
    February 23rd, 2014 at 03:59pm
  • Brain damaged Hero

    Brain damaged Hero (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I don't think SHE did it, why would an exchange student kill her flatmate? There's just no reason. I do think Guede may have done it, though...
    February 22nd, 2014 at 03:22pm
  • Brain damaged Hero

    Brain damaged Hero (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    @ apocketfulofposy
    Personally, I know that you can be innocent and try to stick things on other people or change your story. I have done it, and other people I know have done it. Obviously not with things like murder, but still.
    February 22nd, 2014 at 03:21pm
  • error404

    error404 (950)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Brunei Darussalam
    This is such a lovely article! You kept be captivated throughout the entire time. It's a very interesting topic that I was not familiar with.
    February 22nd, 2014 at 11:36am
  • Hana_Hitachiin :3

    Hana_Hitachiin :3 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I must say this article was writing amazingly. You portrayed the tragic events in away that showed no basis to any of the suspects but simply brought attention to the fact that a young women was killed and her family never saw justice. This maybe an old case but the pain of it will never truly pass for the victim's family.
    February 22nd, 2014 at 02:55am
  • apocketfulofposy

    apocketfulofposy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Do I think she's guilty? Yes I do. She may not have actually committed the murder, but I believe she was there that night, and therefore is guilty by way of accessory. To me, the one thing that has always stuck in my mind, is why did she try to accuse an innocent man (the bar manager). Her claims that she felt intimidated by the Italian police doesn't wash with me. If you're TRULY innocent, you don't try and pin it on someone else, just to try and ease the pressure on you. Instead you just keep telling your story - the TRUE story - and you stick by it until the bitter end. You certainly don't accuse someone else OR keep changing your own story.

    The issue of her being tried again, for the same murder, is an issue for Italian law. Just because you can be tried again here, for the same crime twice, doesn't give us Americans the right to say it's wrong. We have no business commenting on the laws of other countries.

    I actually support the notion of trying people twice - in recent years double jeopardy was scrapped in the UK - for serious cases like murder. There have been some murderers convicted there, who were cleared first time round, because when they were first tried they didn't have physical evidence. However, with new DNA techniques being discovered all the time, investigators are now able to go back and examine clothing and other evidence, and find DNA which they couldn't find before. This in turn lead to convictions. How couldn't anyone support that? Imagine for a moment, that one of your loved ones was murdered, and the trial resulted in a 'not guilty' verdict. Now imagine, a few years down the line, you're told "oh we managed to find some DNA, and it was <name of person who was cleared>, but because of double jeopardy we can't try him/her again." You'd be sick wouldn't you?!

    Anyhow, I digress on the issue at hand, but it's something I thought important to raise.

    So yeah, I think she is guilty, in some part anyway.

    As a final point, let us not forget, that at the end of the day, this isn't about Amanda Knox and her PR machine. This is about a beautiful, intelligent and vibrant young woman, who had her whole lift ahead of her, and had it cruelly taken from her in a shocking act of violence. Rest in peace Meredith.
    February 21st, 2014 at 12:57pm
  • lady_enygma

    lady_enygma (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    77
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    There is no evidence, the Italian police were very overpowering, and it's clear to hear and see on the recordings. To charge her based on DNA bein in the apartment that she also lived in was like really ridiculous. The Kercher family is adameant that if she's been found guilty, then she did it regardless, which I am sorry but even if it was me in their position I would see what a lack of evidence there was and think about that rather than sshrug it off and say she did it. Amanda Knox should never have been charged. They even asked the judge who convicted her "upon what evidence?" and his exact response was "there is none."

    If I were Amanda Knox I would fight tooth and nail. She didn't do it, it's obvious. She is in the right not going back over there.

    However I do have to say, I am not so certain about the other one (can't spell his name), although that's just based on a feeling I have.
    February 21st, 2014 at 11:14am
  • the 1975

    the 1975 (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I don't think she's guilty either. This whole case is very, very tragic and frustrating.
    February 21st, 2014 at 09:13am
  • NikkiFoxy8

    NikkiFoxy8 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    I agree! There really is no evidence against her and Italy has really messed her whole case up and it followed her to the United States and messed it up even more! She did not kill this girl! She really needs to be let go!
    February 21st, 2014 at 02:51am
  • kellic

    kellic (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    23
    Location:
    United States
    I personally think this whole deal is ridiculous. She's been tried multiple times, thanks to the Italian law, which can't be done here. I honestly think they should just let her go, since there isn't really much evidence against or for her.

    What are your thoughts?
    February 21st, 2014 at 02:21am