Anti-Emo Turmoils In Mexico - Comments

  • In the words of Brendon Urie, "Emo is bullshit." It's just another stupid stereotype that is created by MTV so that they can control what is "acceptable" in society. And I'm guessing the part about emo's being stereotyped as gay reffer's to men. Which is just stupid. So what, a guy is a bit more emotional than other guys, doesn't mean he's gay and doesn't mean you can beat the crap out of him. The whole thing is so freaking stupid.
    September 4th, 2009 at 08:58am
  • Oh god...four pages? Personally, labels and stereotypes don't bother me. What bothers me is when people complain about it. When you affiliate yourself with something you need to be ready for what ever comes along with the title. I mean ok, the one that bothers me most is people calling skinheads Nazis. If you knew the history you'd know that they weren't origionally racist, in fact the opposite, and that as the years went on they branched into various subcultures, some of which are racist ya. But when people CHOOSE to affiliate themselves with that subculture, no matter what their politics are, they also are affiliating themselves with everything that comes with it. So you don't hear us whining, we made a choice. The Emos made theirs.
    September 3rd, 2009 at 09:15pm
  • "okay.....
    first of all....Emo is a state of mind...it doesn't exist....just because someone likes to wear black and heavy makeup doesn't mean they're exactly emo....
    emo is also a kind of music which we all know about.....
    WE ALL ARE EMO!!!! Some people just have a more severe case than some do..."

    Sorry, but you just contradicted yourself.

    [b]TheInvetible[/b]; sorry if I spelt your username wrong, you've just said everything I was planning to say. Except, without the Hollister stuff. o.O
    September 3rd, 2009 at 08:11pm
  • okay.....
    first of all....Emo is a state of mind...it doesn't exist....just because someone likes to wear black and heavy makeup doesn't mean they're exactly emo....
    emo is also a kind of music which we all know about.....
    WE ALL ARE EMO!!!! Some people just have a more severe case than some do...
    Emo is a label...so is punk....goth....
    just because you DRESS or LOOK different than everyone else doesn't mean that your personality is different from everyone else's

    I'm sick and tired of all of these labels and I think they should stop.
    kthanks
    September 3rd, 2009 at 05:08pm
  • Lol most 'Mexicans' have dark brown hair XD
    Also, I don't see why they like being stereotyped as 'emo'
    Just get over it.
    June 28th, 2009 at 04:51am
  • Just wondering; do Mexican emos even dye their hair black? Isn't it black already?
    April 30th, 2009 at 11:35pm
  • The homosexualty bit is just plain wrong,
    that's like saying most jocks are bisexual or something.
    April 30th, 2009 at 05:25pm
  • i wonder if these riots were going on when MCR filmed their The Black Parade Is Dead DVD... O_O
    Yes labels are wrong, but they aren't gunna stop so shut up about them already. If no one talks about them then people might forget?
    Emo= genre.
    April 30th, 2009 at 03:35pm
  • This maybe really outta place.
    Don't get me wrong, but it's TERRIBLE they're beating emos. >___>
    But, it's kinda funny. A lot of the people who commented on this saying how its horrible, and talking about stereotypes, have a My Chemical Romance picture.
    April 27th, 2009 at 03:40am
  • Oh my god...this is awful.

    I wonder what they'd think of me O_o

    Not all emos are gay...in fact a lot are straight. That's just so wrong.
    April 26th, 2009 at 03:40pm
  • i remember hearing about this. my aunt told me that a bunch of teens had killed an emo girl with hitting her in the head with a cement block or a brick.
    April 25th, 2009 at 09:37pm
  • I hate stereotypes, because people use it to bitch against others!
    March 14th, 2009 at 07:17am
  • That is really bad stereotyping! They should allow people to be themselves. I mean, some people choose to wear black clothes and dye their hair black, yet they may not be emo. What has the world turned into? Or, rather, what has Mexico turned into?!?!?
    March 11th, 2009 at 10:13pm
  • Labels are made by other people, so really now?
    You can't say it's not a label, because it has become one.
    Sucks, but too bad.
    Not al people persecute "emos", it really depends on the person.
    The kids at my school really say NOTHING about how you dress unless you look racy or like you've been living in a trash can.
    I know of other accepting places such as this.
    If you dress any way, you Will be made fun of some way or anopther.
    If not for style, then whatever else.
    You meet some peice of crap and they could make fun of you for.. your eyes color.
    Seriously.

    I dress with the "emo" label, becasue I look better in darker colors and store like Hollister and Aeropostle's clothes are to straight for me, so when I say "stop whining" I'm not saying because I discriminate against black,

    It seems that homosexuals are being targeted here, and "emo" just happens for look like that for them. It is an outrage, but now "emos" are being protected by the Mexican government it seems, like anyone else who has been threatened.

    As a closing note, if you dress in a way that brings attention to yourself, get used to being looked at funny. Not everyone has to like you.

    But obviously don't let yourself be tortured by such people. So many people refuse to stand up for themselves, it seems. Stop worrying about being a snitch, or learn how to kickbox or something.

    =)
    January 1st, 2009 at 07:08pm
  • there are emo's in mexico?
    dear lord.. they're everywhere.
    September 12th, 2008 at 10:20am
  • This is Mexico, practically run by a dictator, give me a break. I'm not surprised.

    But, that doesn't make it any less wrong. People should be allowed to be themselves. Their form of 'emo' may not be the same as American 'emo', to be sure, but let's look beyond the classifications people give each other. Mexico is Catholic, a religion very against homosexuals.

    I believe that if one of those metal heads/punks or whatever the other group was called was openly gay, they would be persecuted as well. Don't feel so special, you 'emos', and shut up about labels already. I'm tired of it. People are people, whether they be black or white, Asian or Mexican, whining about how misunderstood you are isn't going to change that.
    September 11th, 2008 at 09:20am
  • i don't understand people!
    labels are STUPID, POINTLESS, and simply revolting! emo is a genre of music and such, and if you do consider yourself emo, everyone should accept you for it!

    i constantly get called emo and school and people hurt me, but you know what, i'm fucking sick of people hating on others who are different than them! its disgusting how people could beat up and abuse others just for acting and looking different.

    we neeed to realize that we're equal, and we all have a right to express ourselves however the hell we want to!
    July 22nd, 2008 at 07:59pm
  • hmm all i have to say it WHAT THE FUGK?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! oh yeah one more thing, stop debating weather emo is a label or genre jsut get on with your lives and BE YOURSELF! We're not condoms, soup cans, or packaged pickles! WE"RE HUMAN BEINGS who deserve to have the right to express themselves and show individuality!
    July 17th, 2008 at 05:09am
  • Emo is not a fucking label, it's a genre.
    People these days.
    These people are just showing their creativity by dressing the way they do, so whats so wrong about that?
    July 17th, 2008 at 04:43am
  • Alright then...now I know how our lovely human race acts towards one another. I am all for voicing your opinion; however, voicing your opinion is not the same as phsycally abusing someone. Also what is so wrong with people that happen to fit under the emo label? What bad thing did they ever do to the people that just so happen to fit under the punk and metal head label? Just a thought.
    July 16th, 2008 at 10:58pm