Third Graders Plot Attack

Third Graders Plot Attack Nine boys and girls planed on attacking the teacher at Center Elementary School in South Georgia. The children were mad at their teacher because she reprimanded a student for standing on a chair.

Police say that the students planned on knocking the teacher unconscious with a paperweight, bind her with handcuffs, duct tape her and then stab her with a broken steak knife. Police Chief Tony Tanner said that "We're not sure at this point in the investigation how many of the students actually knew the intent was to hurt the teacher.”
The students’ plan included a division of the roles. One student was to cover the windows so that know one could see what was going on, while another had to clean up after they attacked.

The school was tipped off by a student that said a girl had brought a weapon to school. The students involved were not known troublemakers.

Their teacher teaches third grades with learning disabilities, such as attention deficit disorder, delayed development, and hyperactivity. Chief Tanner states that the kids might have been confused, thinking the attack was like a cartoon and the teacher would be okay after.

Two of the students were arrested on juvenile and a third arrest is expected. The two girls that brought a knife and paper weight, were charged with juvenile charges, along with an eight year old boy who brought the tape. They also face charges of conspiracy to commit aggravated assault.Currie said that the children are too young to be charged as adults and that they are too young to be sentenced to a youth detention center.

Latest articles