Charleston Church Shooting - Comments

  • bellamy blake

    bellamy blake (3280)

    :
    Class of 2015
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    @ Divergent

    Yeah, I'm definitely not going to go into my own personal opinions about her whether the flag should stay or go, but I do greatly admire the outflow of community and positivity that's resulted from all this tragedy, especially in comparison to the reactions of those involved in similar events. The fact that the families of the victims came out and publicly said they forgive the shooter kinda restores my faith in humanity because I know I would never be able to do that if I were in their shoes.
    July 2nd, 2015 at 08:58pm
  • pocahontas.

    pocahontas. (565)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    While I have no comment on the whole flag thing because I don't know enough of the history of it, I think other reactions surrounding this are really great. Hopefully this murderer will be charged with both terrorism and committing a hate crime, because it was an act of both, and it was clearly planned out. I love the campaign this little girl is doing - I hadn't even heard about it, so this is really informational. My heart goes out to everyone effected and everyone in the area that needs some love.
    July 2nd, 2015 at 06:16pm