Disaster Strikes Sweden

Disaster Strikes Sweden 10 year old Engla Juncosa Höglund was recently found dead after being gone for eight days. She was on her way home from soccer practice when she disappeared.

A 42 year old male was suspected for the abduction, but he denied any involvement in Englas disappearance until last Sunday when he confessed to not only Englas murder but also the murder of Pernilla Hellgren, 31 years old back in 2000.

Englas murder makes it the fourth child that's been murdered in just 19 days here in Sweden.

What I don't get is why the police didn't do anything earlier. They didn't look up a tip about Pernillas murder they got five months before Englas disappearance where the 42 year old was pointed out as the possible murderer.

Why didn't they react back then? If they had, Engla would probably still be alive. A 10 year old girl is dead, most likely because the police ignored the tip. Can anyone understand why they ignored the tip?

I'm starting to lose faith in the police, and I know I'm not the only one. But then again, can you blame me? More and more reported crimes are left unsolved.

Sadly, more and more rapes are left unsolved, or the suspect is freed due to 'not enough evidence' even though they have witnesses or DNA or something like that.

Latest articles