U.S. Supreme Court Refuses To Hear Teen Killer's Appeal - Comments

  • Their not suppose to prescribe that to people anymore. It leaves a residue in your brain or something like that. It happened to my sisters mother in law, cause she had to take Zoloft and it left a residue in her brain, she had a heart attack..or a stroke..idk something along those lines. >.< but she almost died.
    June 12th, 2008 at 05:16am
  • Hm... I really don't get it when minors are sentenced as adults. It doesn't make any sense. No matter what he did, that doesn't change the fact that he was a minor when he did it. I also think that any twelve year old who would kill their grandparent would probably have some sort of mental problems, so maybe he should be sent to a hospital instead of jail.
    April 19th, 2008 at 07:11pm
  • I've got something to add.

    Not all the recaction symptoms are noticeable. I, as others have been put on long term medication and no side effects were present to cause alarm but then a more severe reaction. Not all reactions are noticeable sometimes up into years later.
    April 18th, 2008 at 04:30pm
  • Anti- Depressants and other prescription meds can help the person, but like any drug it can react differently towards the patient. Right now I'm studying serial killers and a psychology course, this is a prime example of one of the key factors which can spark an attack.

    Just because a medication helps a certain group of people it doesn't mean it works for everyone. A lot of doctors forget that and give them the most basic anti depressants or anti anxiety medications, because it happens to work for a large case of their patients. But this young boy reacted badly and it ended in him subconciously murdering his grandparents. They could have at least looked at the factors and side effects of the medicine before sentencing. The boy may have had a troubled life why he needed them, but after being put on any long term medication the doctors should see this person 2- 3 times a month for theory session on their progress towards recovery.
    April 18th, 2008 at 04:27pm
  • i have antoher thing to say regarding some girl on the net's comment:
    first of all he was 12 and second of all a 12 year old kid is not a man and third of all it is cruel to put a 12 year old in jail or a minor in jail when they are still considered a minor. this is cruel and i think most people will agree. when you are a mom or dad and your son is 12 years old and commits a crime like this would you want him in jail 30 years of his life? i think not. you would fight for a smaller sentence. and when your in jail you miss out of life. that is what they take away from you metaphorically. life. i dont think he deserves that. not now any way. i think he deserves punishment, for killing is wrong, and God will punish him rightly, but not 30 years. that is wrong.
    April 18th, 2008 at 01:16am
  • wow. im rly wow. they shouldn't be tried as an adult unless you are 18 years of age then you are still considered a minor. this is cruel and wrong. im disgusted.
    April 18th, 2008 at 01:11am
  • I cant even explain my anger when I hear of cases like this. When a teen/child commits a crime they should NOT be tried as adults years later. That is unfair and totally.... ugh... just totally WRONG. No matter what the crime a child should be tried as a child, not thrown in a cell to await their 18th birthday and tried as an adult. Its immoral and the courts should not be aloud to do it.
    April 17th, 2008 at 08:56am
  • If your anti-depressants are making you more depressed or even making you violent, go to a doctor. This is your body telling you you're on the wrong medication. Simple. If you can't take the hints, like something that's supposed to make you feel good making you feel worse, then you're a retard.

    I've been on 12 types of medications for all different things (including Bipolar, OCD and what was at first diagnosed as Schizophrenia.) and I'm fine right now. It's not hard.
    April 17th, 2008 at 06:41am
  • With such a violent crime, I doubt 'Zoloft' was the culprit. If there is no hard evidence towards the drug 'making' him kill his grandparents, then the explination should be dismissed. The man knows perfectly well what he did, and SHOULD be tried as an adult.
    April 17th, 2008 at 01:08am
  • This was in SC? Whoa....I can't believe that I haven't already heard about it...

    But anyway, I completely agree with Missand.
    April 16th, 2008 at 08:09pm
  • I've never been prescribed antidepressants but my friends have and sometimes the medications make them worse. my friend is bipolar and the medication made him paranoid and he kept figgiting a lot. it came to a point where he attacked the head master at school because he touched his shoulder when he wasn't looking. I agree with what bellakilling said, monitor his action on and off the medication.
    April 16th, 2008 at 04:16am
  • I agree with Missand, I've actually taken Zoloft a while back. It makes you neurotic and cynical and agressive, terrible stuff, he maybe should go to like a mental hospital, instead of prison for that, I've seen pictures of that kid with his grandparents (my mother found his "free Chris" site thing) and I couldn't see why he would kill them without the influence of the medication. O.o Antidepressant? So they say...
    April 16th, 2008 at 03:43am
  • wow. thats screwed up. even if it wasn't his fault, he deserves something because that's frightening that he killed his grandparents... and it could happen if he isnt given proper help. i find it hilarious that that medication is an antidepressant.
    April 16th, 2008 at 01:58am
  • I absolutely agree with Missand on this case.
    April 15th, 2008 at 11:03pm
  • If these killings were due to a mental illness or a certain factor to cause extreme paranoia. The medication he was on at the time could have triggered the tendencies to cause extreme harm, it's dangerous to give extreme medication to young children who may not need or haven't been trialled with other clinical drugs.

    But face it. Rapists aren't in that long so why should he?
    April 15th, 2008 at 02:37pm
  • Interesting. They put me on Zoloft to fight AGAINST my clinical depression. Whoops.
    April 15th, 2008 at 06:09am
  • I agree with Kurtuni Von Teese, but I do think he should be monitered e=when he is on and off the antidepressants to observe how his behavior changes
    April 15th, 2008 at 05:28am
  • He killed his grandparents...When he was twelve? Thats messed up, man.
    April 15th, 2008 at 04:59am
  • The Supreme Court rarely hears cases dealing with murder sentences, in fact I can't really think of any off the top of my head that made landmark decisions or anything. In a country where the death penalty isn't considered cruel, he needs to be thankful that's all he got.
    April 15th, 2008 at 04:19am