Romeoville, IL Cops "Just Don't Care"

Romeoville, IL Cops "Just Don't Care" Willie Brown is not a person who'd give any other person problems, but when trouble will arise, he's not afraid to defend himself. As Mr. Brown was driving home on Airport Road in Romeoville, IL, he claims the reason he filed a civil rights lawsuit on the Village of Romeoville Police officers.

The lawsuit in the District Court in Chicago, Brown has asked for $694,000 against officers Daniel Zakula, James Sloup, and Karyn Showers. Two women who Brown has said falsely accused of harassing them, this actions had lead to his arrest. The women are Mary R. Sanders (48 ), and Amy Bova (22). Who live in Lockport and Tinley Park.

On October 30th, 2007 Brown was driving his "1991 Civic Wagon", going eastbound on Airport Road, and west of Weber in Romeoville. There was said a white car was traveling the same direction 2-3 car-lengths ahead of Willie. Brown said the white car came to a quick halt several times. "So as to indicate some change in direction". Other than going eastbound.

Brown says he was talking to his wife on his phone at the time and switched left to pass the white car. But when he did, the "seemly Caucasian-American female" sped up and stopped in the way again. To Brown, he said the woman driver made "facial gestures at him, including the middle finger, and shouted 'Fu--king N---er!, You Fu-king N---er!'" [Willie Brown is black.]

While fleeting the incident, still talking to his wife, Romeoville police officers came west with emergency lights flashing. He thought to pull over and let them pass, but as he did so, they did not stop.

Willie was arrested for disorderly conduct on the word of the other women who made accusations of him being the harasser. They [officers] towed his car and later, Brown was denied a copy of his arrest report and complaint. He made a request for the documents (which is entitled in law) under the Freedom of Information Act, but that was denied as well.

The case was brought up again in January 14th, 2008, but at the court house, the officers and women did not show up. Prosecuter Kaschak said to "voluntarily dismiss the charges".

Mr.Brown has now taken his case higher and raised the money to $694,000 (which was perviously $400).

Willie has stated that "The Romeoville police just don't care about the law, maybe they will begin to respect people's rights when it starts to cost money".

Latest articles